Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
I've been seeing a lot of messy attempts at roleplay coming from Joeanian Space Program and his newly formed faction. If you are serious about wanting to take part in the factions system, then I suggest you heed this advice.

If you want to join in the factions and be taken seriously, you need to tone it down. Firstly, you need to pay attention to how technology has shifted, as we're working in a setting that's several hundred years in the future. Nuclear weapons, although still around, aren't nearly as prevalent as other weapons systems (correct me if I'm wrong TtTOtW). More importantly, if you're on Earth, which I assume to be true, you're working within the Solar Empire's territory, so you really shouldn't be putting emphasis on things like ICBMs. Additionally, this should really go with out saying, but DO NOT use current events such as Coronavirus as part of your faction's story. We do not exist in the same world as the sfs factions.

Those are some of the specifics, but they point to a broader problem. You NEED to take the time to work out your footing. Work out the purpose of your faction, and take the time to figure out how it will fit in to the bigger picture. Take it slow. None of the factions which stuck around were formed overnight. So many have come and gone which acted just like yours. That's why people like Horus aren't taking you seriously. He does this with all of the new factions, and we can tell by how they react whether they're going to stick around.

Take note of how the current factions stuck around. My own Faction, the Kronian League, started as merely an idea. I wanted to create a sanctuary out of Saturn, but to keep it separate from the SE's power, as well as the other main power at the time, the NUO. That was my purpose. I chose Saturn because it was unclaimed at the time, and would make it easy to fit in. I still took my time though, talking with SE and NUO at the time to work things out in terms of how Saturn would fit in with the narrative. I never demanded recognition. I slowly worked out the details, revealing them to the forum on the way and working with the people who would join me early on. I never demanded recognition. I let my actions speak instead. It would be several months before KL would become a true faction.

A more useful precedent for you to follow would be the one paved by the ROA. Like you, Jez 10's faction is based on Earth. Unlike you though, he didn't just ignore the factions structure. He worked within the SE, amd developed slowly, not trying to be flashy, but actually creating his faction's substance. This is a path you should follow as well.

In order to begin to truly work your way into this role, you need to start talking with your connections.

If you're settled on earth, you need to talk with Danny Batten. He controls that planet.

In order to get more guidance involving the factions system in general, you can talk to TtTOtW. He's probably the most knowledgable about it. This is not optional. You clearly need to learn more about the world you want to join before you may actually become a part of it.

Take your time. Think about how your choices will play out before making your decisions. I can not emphasize this enough.

Honestly, I don't know what other advice I can give you.

I really hope to see you mature enough to join us in this.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
After looking through a little more, I see you have done some communication with Danny.

However, another more practical piece of advice you should consider is this: you are making way too many threads. Try restricting your communications to only a few areas. For example: One thread for faction structuring and new members. Another thread for your development of Neptune. Another for inter-faction relations.

You shouldn't have THIS going on:
Screenshot_20200426-231018_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200426-231030_Chrome.jpg

You don't need to have USSO plastered on everything. For reference, I only have two main threads I use, and everything is much slower to develop, so it doesn't seem to be spewed all over the front page. My main development thread is simply titled "Saturn," and it's not even in the factions section. You don't need to be so flashy in creating your titles. As you start to show your skills, and show your worth, people will look out for your threads anyway.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
All of this.

I don't join in the faction side of the RP as a matter of principle, but the thing that has set KL up from one man on Saturn to the outer system superpower isn't because of weapons tech, thread floods, recruiting drives or aggressive stances.

It's the fact it builds good stuff. including arguably the best launch system in the community.

Act like you're in business, look like you mean business and most importantly, just build shit (remember that conversation Lt. Snakestrike?).
Create a reputation for stable conversations and high build quality and you won't need to ask for permissions or recruits.
Organisations will accommodate you. Individuals will come to you.

Jez 10

Local Expert Pinoy
ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
A more useful precedent for you to follow would be the one paved by the ROA. Like you, Jez 10's faction is based on Earth. Unlike you though, he didn't just ignore the factions structure. He worked within the SE, amd developed slowly, not trying to be flashy, but actually creating his faction's substance. This is a path you should follow as well.
Tbh, the origins of the ROA just started as a lowly attempt to militarise space, but shit happens, and war happened...
But that was lore based, the thing i did after leaving the NUO/URG was to present my faction as a mercenary faction, which will fight alongside SE.
Then you know, since i have territory that ain't really mine (more like i rented my territory), I bought some land on the moon, and now i have my independent presence on the moon.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Act like you're in business, look like you mean business and most importantly, just build shit (remember that conversation @Lt. Snakestrike?).
Honestly, I have no idea what you mean... well, maybe one idea. Was it that conversation I started with you in the middle of the shitshow?

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
One thing I might add it's hard to get recognized as a legitimate faction. For me to get M.E. added as an official faction it took almost a year, albeit that's after alot of drama i caused (definitely made factions interesting for awhile..). So don't expect things to come easily and you have to work for it no matter what's against you. Also take me as a example you can come back from mistakes.

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
I've always chosen to just not participate in the faction stuff. I get more fun out of watching and laughing when something dumb happens (which, honestly, seems to happen quite a lot..)

If you're going to make a faction, at least put some effort into the lore behind it. Pay attention to the pre-existing lore, as well. I'm sorry, but a new faction being created and then collapsing a week later due to futuristic space coronavirus, and then suddenly reforming itself 3 days later after curing aforementioned futuristic space coronavirus is just a little dumb if you ask me.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
I've always chosen to just not participate in the faction stuff. I get more fun out of watching and laughing when something dumb happens (which, honestly, seems to happen quite a lot..)

If you're going to make a faction, at least put some effort into the lore behind it. Pay attention to the pre-existing lore, as well. I'm sorry, but a new faction being created and then collapsing a week later due to futuristic space coronavirus, and then suddenly reforming itself 3 days later after curing aforementioned futuristic space coronavirus is just a little dumb if you ask me.
Even worse off is the fact that there's nothing futuristic about it... it's literally just needlessly including current events into your narrative rather than building a narrative in the factions world.

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
right im still getting used for factions earth isn't my base i am working on a base on Neptune SOI im only using earth for launches (Because its the spawn planet i have no choice) i didn't realise were set in the future so my apologies i am trying to get of earth as soon as i can and stay in Neptune SOI yes i agree with you im not in the right time to be saying that ive got weapons i know the USSO is a failed faction im trying to get it to work everyday im thinking should i disband the USSO and sell Neptune and just go to the far edges of the solar system but again i dont want to give up yes i need help but i want to try and do it my self but i accept that your not taking me seriously i will dissolve the USSO if its necessary and sell Neptunes SOI. But I want to ask you do you think the USSO is a failed faction if so i will disband the faction and just remain silent
The USSO is young and trying to find its place in to factions i just dont thin it works im going to put a poll up and its going to say should the USSO be dissolved

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
right im still getting used for factions earth isn't my base i am working on a base on Neptune SOI im only using earth for launches (Because its the spawn planet i have no choice) i didn't realise were set in the future so my apologies i am trying to get of earth as soon as i can and stay in Neptune SOI yes i agree with you im not in the right time to be saying that ive got weapons i know the USSO is a failed faction im trying to get it to work everyday im thinking should i disband the USSO and sell Neptune and just go to the far edges of the solar system but again i dont want to give up yes i need help but i want to try and do it my self but i accept that your not taking me seriously i will dissolve the USSO if its necessary and sell Neptunes SOI. But I want to ask you do you think the USSO is a failed faction if so i will disband the faction and just remain silent
The USSO is young and trying to find its place in to factions i just dont thin it works im going to put a poll up and its going to say should the USSO be dissolved

It's only failing because you are not taking it seriously. Take part in the RP or don't, it doesn't really matter, but you'll only be taken seriously if you are taking it seriously, not dissolving it every 10 days because your cat is molting or you're bored. Obviously you are having to use Earth as a start point. everyone does.

But if you (and I'm just spitballing here) pretend that you're not using Earth (no one will know, trust me) and pretend that that base you landed on Triton or whatever actually started at triton, then guess what?
No one will question it. That's the perk of role play, it's all make believe.

The time line doesn't matter either. The reason people mention it is because you just shitcanned your entire organisation and alliances because of a virus that doesn't affect you in game. Doing things like that means that people will not take you seriously because they don't know if you're just going to collapse at random.

Again.

Take it seriously, and people will take you seriously.

Also, next to the full stop is the comma. Just a thought.

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
hmm your right my main base is on proteus because the planet pack i use isnt ACSS because it doesnt work for me im going to just make stuff ignore all of the other threads i made and only focus on my main thread instead of trying to make ICBMs im just going to build stations landers and satalites and share it with you all and i will work with other aliances im curently is in an aliance with Jez 10 i hope i can work with others too neptune is staying my main base ive also asked Danny Batten if i can claim a sector of the moon that is unclaimed specifically one next to RoA thank you for advice

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
hmm your right my main base is on proteus because the planet pack i use isnt ACSS because it doesnt work for me im going to just make stuff ignore all of the other threads i made and only focus on my main thread instead of trying to make ICBMs im just going to build stations landers and satalites and share it with you all and i will work with other aliances im curently is in an aliance with Jez 10 i hope i can work with others too neptune is staying my main base ive also asked Danny Batten if i can claim a sector of the moon that is unclaimed specifically one next to RoA thank you for advice
Unfortunately due to the unstable nature of your faction we will be declining that trade

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Could you use commas, Zeeray?

It took me like 15 minutes to read both posts.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Ya no how do you like this when I don't is it fun I bet it isn't it seems to make you happy don't it blazer?

Also i read what he said just fine
But tell me If is not more beautiful to write:
"Yeah, no. How do you like this when I don't? Is it fun? I bet it isn't. It seems to make you happy, don't it, Blazer?"

You write with commas on your Merlin and ME threads, so why not do it on the rest of the Forums?

And Yes, I'm gonna continue pissing you off, until you get so bored of me, that you start using commas to shut me up.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
But tell me If is not more beautiful to write:
"Yeah, no. How do you like this when I don't? Is it fun? I bet it isn't. It seems to make you happy, don't it, Blazer?"

You write with commas on your Merlin and ME threads, so why not do it on the rest of the Forums?

And Yes, I'm gonna continue pissing you off, until you get so bored of me, that you start using commas to shut me up.
Ha, so basically you're going to become the Cosmo of grammar?

T

TtTOtW

"Commar"

Well old bug showing its head again... welcome back! Lol.

We don't expect perfect spelling and grammar. What we do hope for is that your spelling and grammar is not devoid of structure.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
"Commar"

Well old bug showing its head again... welcome back! Lol.

We don't expect perfect spelling and grammar. What we do hope for is that your spelling and grammar is not devoid of structure.
Unless it's perfect for comedic effect, as in the above retort.