Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Here is my attempt at making better textures. A drawback of many texture packs is that the colors don't look natural, and the fact that they are matte makes them look quite flat.

I tried to correct this:
0-Comparison.jpg

The rocket on the left is colored with a matte color, the rocket on the right is the one I made. It was made using a gradient that helps rendering the perspective better, especially for cylindric or conic objects.

Here is the full set of colors I propose:
1-ColorList.jpg

You will notice that I also made a black one. It's also slightly better than the existing one in terms of rendering.

Thanks to this, you can make all sorts of artistic rockets:
2-example.jpg

3-example.jpg

Note that those rockets are by me, and as my artistic skills are usually close to 0, I'm sure you can do better than this :p

Now if you prefer to make cringe rockets, be reassured, this is totally possible! :D
4-Argh.jpg

Enjoy :cool:

Attachments

TeodoroLSB

Man on the Moon
Registered
And by good I mean PERFECT. This looks so good!
1702210280705.png

Now I can make red rockets just because of this awesome mod!
Thanks Altair!

ILovespace3

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
The colors look really good, but here's a suggestion.

I feel like the orange looks a bit yellow. I know there's already a orange texture in the game, but it looks quite grainy. I would just love for there to be a cleaner orange texture. Thanks!

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
And by good I mean PERFECT. This looks so good!
View attachment 111376
Now I can make red rockets just because of this awesome mod!
Thanks Altair!
Thanks, have fun :)

The colors look really good, but here's a suggestion.

I feel like the orange looks a bit yellow. I know there's already a orange texture in the game, but it looks quite grainy. I would just love for there to be a cleaner orange texture. Thanks!
Mmh yes, I could make it a bit more orange, especially that as is it's not very different from the ocher color (the one that follows). I'll make an update.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
noice

I was planning on making a pack like this, but I forgot to.
Honestly on my side I wondered why nobody did it before :p
Feel free to make your own of course, if people are willing to improve my idea or push it further they are welcome.

Power9Legend

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Honestly on my side I wondered why nobody did it before :p
Feel free to make your own of course, if people are willing to improve my idea or push it further they are welcome.
Okay.
My way of doing it was editing the main metal and making it other colours such as making it gold or making it slightly blueish, in Microsoft PowerPoint.
(you can see them in my texture pack)

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I tried to load it, but it failed :( Is there a way to fix this?
Please first make sure you installed it correctly (see here).
If it still doesn't work, then can you please give me more details about how it failed: did you get an error message? Does it show in the mod loader section?

Which error message? Please give me as much informations as possible, without further informations I can't tell what happened.
Well, once I launched game after I loaded this texture pack, it was a error message saying: "Failed to load:SpaceflightSimulator/Mods/Custom/Texture Packs/MetalicTextures"

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Well, once I launched game after I loaded this texture pack, it was a error message saying: "Failed to load:SpaceflightSimulator/Mods/Custom/Texture Packs/MetalicTextures"
The path looks correct...
Please check that the folder architecture is as follows:
TexturePackInstalled.png

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
So does that mean I just need Shadow Textures and Shape Textures, cuz they are missing for me?
Those folders are empty, but it's surprising that you don't have them. Could you please share a screenshot of your Metallic textures folder to see if I can spot something unusual?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I have no idea to be honest. I tried removing the Shadow and Shape textures folder, but this doesn't prevent the game from loading the mod (actually it recreates them) so it's not even the problem. Do you have issues with other mods/parts packs/texture packs? Just in case can you please check your game version? What's the version number? You'll see it in the lower right corner when you launch the game.

I have no idea to be honest. I tried removing the Shadow and Shape textures folder, but this doesn't prevent the game from loading the mod (actually it recreates them) so it's not even the problem. Do you have issues with other mods/parts packs/texture packs? Just in case can you please check your game version? What's the version number? You'll see it in the lower right corner when you launch the game.
Latest one, 1.5.9.15

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Ah, there is your problem. I assume you mean 1.5.9.8 though, since there's no 1.5.9.15 version. Please update your game. You only have to launch Steam, the update is automatic.