Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
update this
make it have andromeda
I preety much ended the development at this point, also i tried to add Andromeda but the pack just didnt work.

S

Sportgus

Wow look at all those orbit lines.
Screenshot_20220512-073731.png

I got the 1.2 version of this awhile ago and it was really fun, nice work.

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
So many people were complaining about what? The lag of course! I obviously dont like it too, so i decided to push through a harsh but needed decision, reduce number of objects in the pack. All of these object which are mentioned below are from the "outer ring" and were not interesting enough or did not have planets that would make them interesting, thats why they specificaly were chosen.

List of removed objects:

TZ Arietis
WISE 0350-5658
61 Cygni A/B
DX Cancri
Lacaille 8760
WISE 0535-7500
Kruger 60 A/B
DEN 1048-3956
UGPS 0722-05
Ross 614 A/B
WISE 0410+1502
Van Maanen's Star
Gliese 1
2MASS J1540-5101
Wolf 424 A/B
LHS 292
GJ 440
GJ 1245 A/B/C
LHS 288
GJ 412 A/B
GJ 1002
GJ 380
DEN 0255-4700
WISE 1639-6847
GJ 1005 A/B

There might be some errors here but i hope that isnt the case.

Download link to the lag fix:

Mini Milky Way Lag Fix 1.zip

So many people were complaining about what? The lag of course! I obviously dont like it too, so i decided to push through a harsh but needed decision, reduce number of objects in the pack. All of these object which are mentioned below are from the "outer ring" and were not interesting enough or did not have planets that would make them interesting, thats why they specificaly were chosen.

List of removed objects:

TZ Arietis
WISE 0350-5658
61 Cygni A/B
DX Cancri
Lacaille 8760
WISE 0535-7500
Kruger 60 A/B
DEN 1048-3956
UGPS 0722-05
Ross 614 A/B
WISE 0410+1502
Van Maanen's Star
Gliese 1
2MASS J1540-5101
Wolf 424 A/B
LHS 292
GJ 440
GJ 1245 A/B/C
LHS 288
GJ 412 A/B
GJ 1002
GJ 380
DEN 0255-4700
WISE 1639-6847
GJ 1005 A/B

There might be some errors here but i hope that isnt the case.

Download link to the lag fix:

Mini Milky Way Lag Fix 1.zip
nice

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
dude, i love this so much, i didnt find any problems at all, (except some lag if i zoom too much out) keep on the good work!
Thanks! With keeping on the good work, this planet pack will most likely not get updates anymore, i am working on another project right now, i recommend checking out Dou Xiu thread :)

Is the scale of the planets and stars still vanilla 1:20? The planets moving way faster in timewarp seems very strange to me... or did you just add faster timewarp scales?

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Is the scale of the planets and stars still vanilla 1:20? The planets moving way faster in timewarp seems very strange to me... or did you just add faster timewarp scales?
The game automatically adds higher timewarp limits according the largest orbit size in the game, so any interstellar pack will have much faster timewarp available.

spacedoge402

Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
wait is this the planet pack with an absurd amount of solar systems, or is it the one with like 5?

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
wait is this the planet pack with an absurd amount of solar systems, or is it the one with like 5?
Uhm no it doesnt have 5 solar systems, it has like 30 or more, the one you probably meant that has 5 is Dou Xiu

spacedoge402

Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Ok and why did you name it MINI if it had like 30 solar systems in it? Like 7 would be fit for its name, but 30? That's a lot.

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
30 is a very small piece of our immediate neighborhood. There's 2,000,000,000 more systems out there.:p

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Ok and why did you name it MINI if it had like 30 solar systems in it? Like 7 would be fit for its name, but 30? That's a lot.
It probably has more than 30, when i was making it those 2 years ago it was mini, then i doubled the distance of the Sun and it became big, but the name stuck