My BP Edited Beauties

• Thread starter The Dark in the Light
  • Start date
T

The Dark in the Light

This here is Drekary, my new satellite rocket that will take heavy satellites to LEO. I have yet to test it, but I think she'll work just fine. What do you guys think? I'll most likely use this for part of remaking the Etherian Chronicles.
Screenshot_20200314-215016_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

I'll use this thread to post other rockets (bp edited ones) that I think would qualify as a 'beautie'.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The Dark in the Light

Drekary MK 1 could not make LEO, but here we have Mk 2, which can.
Screenshot_20200315-025506_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

I also kinda figured out the stretched engines thing. Instead of having to mess around with boosters I just used a stretched Titan engine.
1584267235469.png

T

TtTOtW

Stretching the engines to improve performance is sort of cheating, but it's your channel. It doubles your power without doubling the fuel consumption.

Yes I used it on my Saturn V Replica, but: a) only because the real size engine does not exist in SFS, and b) I added hundreds of tons of dead weight in the form of RTGs as ballast to completely undo the advantage of the more powerful stretched engines.

T

The Dark in the Light

I've added about 150 tons in dead wait of fuel (not connected to main tanks) and RTGs. It's taken awhile but it looks nice. Testing it now.
Screenshot_20200315-122252_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
No it doesn't modify fuel consuption, yes modifies ISP.
Oh fantastic. That'll give a titan slightly less thrust than an F1 and a better isp of a J-2

That's news to me, I'm sure someone on here said it doubles everything except its mass. Oh well, I'm no editing expert and my one and only bp edited engine set up doesn't work anyway

T

TtTOtW

Oh fantastic. That'll give a titan slightly less thrust than an F1 and a better isp of a J-2

That's news to me, I'm sure someone on here said it doubles everything except its mass. Oh well, I'm no editing expert and my one and only bp edited engine set up doesn't work anyway
The 300+ tons of RTGs wouldn't be necessary if fuel consumption scaled up with thrust.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
The 300+ tons of RTGs wouldn't be necessary if fuel consumption scaled up with thrust.
Again, I'm confused. Do RTGs make them more thirsty...?

Jokes and cross wires aside, this is a huge development. With careful planning, you can create an actual 1:1 scale saturn V. And I mean properly, thrust, isp, stage burnout times and use it in a 1:1 scale apollo mission

T

TtTOtW

Again, I'm confused. Do RTGs make them more thirsty...?

Jokes and cross wires aside, this is a huge development. With careful planning, you can create an actual 1:1 scale saturn V. And I mean properly, thrust, isp, stage burnout times and use it in a 1:1 scale apollo mission
Ask Danny Batten how accurate my Saturn V's burnout times are...

T

TtTOtW

But, all those tons of strategically placed multiple overlapping layers of RTGs cause tons of lag...

T

The Dark in the Light

Here's my Telecoms Satellite Rocket. I did a bit of editing for the engines, looks and function. None of the engines are streched.
1587011067287.png

1587011081102.png

1587011094144.png

1587011105031.png

What do you guys think? I don't have a proper name yet. Maybe Gold Mk 1?

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
T

The Dark in the Light

Since submarines will be added to Word of Warships soon, why not build a U-Boat?
Screenshot_20200416-021439_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

1587029308690.png
There's still stuff that needs to be need, but I'll get that done later. Next project: make a warship of sorts. A Battleship or Destroyer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Here's my Telecoms Satellite Rocket

I love the little exhaust outlets you did for the open cycle

Yes, same here. They're really good dude and they're no bigger so can still have the same number of them on a build screen width (they're more efficient set up like that as well).

Since submarines will be added to Word of Warships soon, why not build a U-Boat?
View attachment 36094
View attachment 36095 There's still stuff that needs to be need, but I'll get that done later.
Why not, of course. It's a bloody good replica that.

Next project: make a warship of sorts. A Battleship or Destroyer.
Minpercent did a guided missile destroyer a while ago in papercraft and it looked fantastic. Be good to see what you come up with man.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Here's my Telecoms Satellite Rocket. I did a bit of editing for the engines, looks and function. None of the engines are streched.
View attachment 36090
View attachment 36091
View attachment 36092
View attachment 36093
What do you guys think? I don't have a proper name yet. Maybe Gold Mk 1?
The engines look awesome
View attachment 36094
View attachment 36095 There's still stuff that needs to be need, but I'll get that done later. Next project: make a warship of sorts. A Battleship or Destroyer.
And that submarine... Wow.

T

The Dark in the Light

Okay, instead of a battleship or destroyer, I'm gonna build Hashidate, a Japanese cruiser. This'll probably be the main picture I go off of.
1587072264013.png

I actually found a site that has a ton of blueprints for stuff, and I got this picture from there.

T

The Dark in the Light

It ain't the best replica, but it does look pretty similar. I present to you IJN Hashidate in SFS:
1587078154922.png

Minpercent did a guided missile destroyer a while ago in papercraft and it looked fantastic. Be good to see what you come up with man.[/QUOTE]

^oof why not workin

Screenshot_20200417-161148.png

Yeah does are that thing,
Inspired by aegis. Well yeah, only weapons are 7 missiles.

Build was stock, missile was bp edited for efficient sized build

T

The Dark in the Light

So, my telcoms satellite rocket can go to Mars, flyby it's moons and land back on the launchpad.
Screenshot_20200423-121903_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
Screenshot_20200423-121907_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

SFSAbhishek

/<***@Intricate Crafts are Mine✓***>\
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered