Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
You didn't show the achievements list at the end, and it appears that you got re-entry damage.:(

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Yeah, you lost a fuel tank and a docking port

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
i wish I did this before the re-entry update. I can do it again though, I accidentally ejectet my main heat shield.
Yes, reentry made things harder. To avoid losing too much time you can specifically test your reentry vehicle before doing your Moon mission: send it to orbit, and make it reenter. If it works, then you are go for the Moon mission.

Make sure you protect your ship with a shield large enough (or make your ship thinner...), and avoid too large ships, they tend to flip and burn during reentry.

Also, place the parachutes close to the top of your ship, that way it won't turn upside down and you'll be able to control the end of the descent with your engine.

Overall, a single capsule with a parachute and a heat shield is still the simplest and one of the safest reentry vehicle. :)

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
I'm a bit confused about some things you've shown, such as landing the capsule without the parachute or the moon lander stage. Can you provide more pictures please?