My Missions to the Outer Planets

Where should I go next?

• Total voters
T

The Dark in the Light

I have designed a new Comsatellite. It has four dishes to transmit in all directions. Critique?
Screenshot_20200520-084515_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

I'll probably change some stuff up, maybe a bit of bp editing to make it a little more compact.

T

The Dark in the Light

Screenshot_20200523-021238_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
I present to you a brand new shuttle. It is far from done. But hopefully when it is, she'll fly well.

T

The Dark in the Light

I now believe she is done. I think I'll name her after Yamato, cos she's a beast of a shuttle and Yamato was a beast battleship.
Screenshot_20200523-135932_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

I'm very happy with this. I think I'll build another shuttle, a much smaller one for moving small things.

T

The Dark in the Light

Screenshot_20200527-202908_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
I present to you another rocket to take payloads up to 50 tons to Enceladus. How this rocket is launched is different than you may think just by looking at it. Only the boosters will be turned on when launched. After the boosters are out of fuel, the main part of the rocket's engines are ignited wnd take it to LEO. From there it'll refuel and head off to Enceladus, hopefully. I'm testing her now. I'll also probably change up a bit of the rocket itself as well as the launchpad.

T

The Dark in the Light

Once in LEO, she docked with the same rocket, which I had sent up previously as a test and sapped all the fuel from it and it's payload. After doing that, she went and docked with a fuel module I jad in LEO. She sapped as fuel from the fuel module and a booster I sent up.
Screenshot_20200527-204710_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

T

The Dark in the Light

The rocket made it to Saturn, but not to Enceladus. But that's fine. I'll be building a space station around Saturn, mainly to refuel right now.
Screenshot_20200528-122923_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
Screenshot_20200528-122926_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Oooof... Once again building a Station around Saturn itself is gonna be extremely expensive. You should consider building it around one of the moons. Just a suggestion.

T

The Dark in the Light

I took a break from building the station, even though I haven't done anything yet, and I present to you a non-edited, fully vanilla rocket capable of 100 tons to LEO, but nothing more. Cool, eh?
Screenshot_20200530-034340_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg