My space station

T

TtTOtW

You are WASTING an INSANE amount of fuel, not to mention your trajectory is probably unefficient too

Ehhh... Horus Lupercal, I know you are probably tired of this but could you please help me here? The situation:
I guess if he's into murdering his astronauts within 10 seconds of liftoff...

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I guess if he's into murdering his astronauts within 10 seconds of liftoff...
*How to kill Astronauts within 10 seconds into flight...*

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
You are WASTING an INSANE amount of fuel, not to mention your trajectory is probably unefficient too

Ehhh... Horus Lupercal, I know you are probably tired of this but could you please help me here? The situation:
You know dude, sometimes I feel like I'm trying to staple shit to a wall when it comes to the subject of TWR. It's an issue so widespread that even the content creator is like 'why tho?' because it's probably the easiest concept in rocketry, the lowest hanging fruit of efficiency, the only data set that the VAB screen gives you, it's one of the few bits of advice the old tutorial pictures gave you and people still gotta break the sound barrier before they've cleared the tower.

I mean, I could sit here and explain (again) that keeping the same rocket but with a more considered engine set up will put the same payload into a higher orbit cos efficiency is better than speed.
I could even explain how if he really wants to use titans, he could keep the exact same engine set up, make a larger rocket, double the payload capacity and discover that doing efficiency once is much, much faster than 'fast' multiple times.

Man wants to use titans so he can save 30 seconds putting 30 tons into orbit (gotta go 'fast'), then thats his choice. He's not asked for advice or help, just wants to display his toys and should be free to do so.

You must be pretty skilled, I can't make a rocket with a TWR of 4.49 that can carry a useful load to LEO.
Way back in the dark and early days of 1.4 when I'd just got my hands on the DLC, my imaginatively named Titan rocket (see what I did there) had a with payload TWR of between 5.5 and 6 and with only 15 titan engines spread across 6 boosters and a core, could place the enormous mass of 100-150 tons into LEO.

Screenshot_2020-08-04-10-44-04.png

What is aerodynamics?

This beast built my first space stations and even managed (just) to get a station core and blocky out to Ganymede orbit on my first Jove trip

And no, you can't have the blueprints. They're gone forever.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
You must be pretty skilled, I can't make a rocket with a TWR of 4.49 that can carry a useful load to LEO.
Okay, but that's not what I had in mind when I said "useful payload".
Typically around here, a minimum useful payload is like 10% of the lift-off mass.
Even 15%-20% is easy, 25% is harder but possible.
Show us what you can do. :)

Berg

Registered
Well, when I learned to dock, the first thing I thought was to make a space station, but as my bus was slow, I made this rocket just for small modules, so I made a simple rocket that I don't want to optimize or anything I will use it until finish the bss

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
You know dude, sometimes I feel like I'm trying to staple shit to a wall when it comes to the subject of TWR. It's an issue so widespread that even the content creator is like 'why tho?' because it's probably the easiest concept in rocketry, the lowest hanging fruit of efficiency, the only data set that the VAB screen gives you, it's one of the few bits of advice the old tutorial pictures gave you and people still gotta break the sound barrier before they've cleared the tower.

I mean, I could sit here and explain (again) that keeping the same rocket but with a more considered engine set up will put the same payload into a higher orbit cos efficiency is better than speed.
I could even explain how if he really wants to use titans, he could keep the exact same engine set up, make a larger rocket, double the payload capacity and discover that doing efficiency once is much, much faster than 'fast' multiple times.

Man wants to use titans so he can save 30 seconds putting 30 tons into orbit (gotta go 'fast'), then thats his choice. He's not asked for advice or help, just wants to display his toys and should be free to do so.

Way back in the dark and early days of 1.4 when I'd just got my hands on the DLC, my imaginatively named Titan rocket (see what I did there) had a with payload TWR of between 5.5 and 6 and with only 15 titan engines spread across 6 boosters and a core, could place the enormous mass of 100-150 tons into LEO.

View attachment 43067

What is aerodynamics?

This beast built my first space stations and even managed (just) to get a station core and blocky out to Ganymede orbit on my first Jove trip

And no, you can't have the blueprints. They're gone forever.
I understand your point. I'm tired too, tired of still seeing all these senseless TWRs and I was thinking it was time to let people do what they want. Personally this is the last time I make a comment about high TWRs.

About the rocket: at least yours looks like a rocket, my first rocket was a Borg cube with 50 Boosters on the side.

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
i wonder if i have 1.5 maybe i can launch a space station to heliocentric orbit by now......

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
i wonder if i have 1.5 maybe i can launch a space station to heliocentric orbit by now......
You can, I've even launched a full space station to Jupiter in 1.4

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
hmmmmm:):):):):):):):) i got some idea to try work on PC........

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
but can be modular right?? one by one maybe can be simplified by new nav. thingy.... idk if that works :(:(:(:rolleyes:
I pushed an entire assembled space station and ground expedition to Martian orbit in 1.4 for a rover challenge on here.

You can, I've even launched a full space station to Jupiter in 1.4
The Jovian Gateway

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I pushed an entire assembled space station and ground expedition to Martian orbit in 1.4 for a rover challenge on here.
but possible to put a space station around sun with new navigational in 1.5???

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
but possible to put a space station around sun with new navigational in 1.5???
Well, yeah.

You don't even need the navigation computer. Put your station into LEO and burn prograde until your orbital path heads out of the SOI.
Time warp until your station is outside Earth SOI and it should say 'you have entered the Suns SOI'. You are now in Heliocentric orbit.