Nearby Stars (Remastered)

Decided to remaster Nearby Stars that were made by The Astronomer, He said it doesnt want to be updated anymore and everyone can do some stuff to it so i decided to do some minor changes.
  • Retextured every planet in the Rigil Kentaurus system (stars are not included)
  • Added atmosphere to Proxima Centauri d
I hope yall enjoy

Attachments

Decided to remaster Nearby Stars that were made by The Astronomer, He said it doesnt want to be updated anymore and everyone can do some stuff to it so i decided to do some minor changes.
  • Retextured every planet in the Rigil Kentaurus system (stars are not included)
  • Added atmosphere to Proxima Centauri d
I hope yall enjoy
Update V0.2
  • Added Barnard's Star System (and Barnard's Star B)
  • Added barycenters to Luhman 16 and Rigil Kentaurus
  • New textures for Luhman 16 A, Luhman 16 B, and Proxima Centauri!
    Screenshot_2022-04-15-19-38-38-95_cba7b177b2edecae2cc69ac3f7d2b91d.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-04-15-21-44-27-14_cba7b177b2edecae2cc69ac3f7d2b91d.jpg

Lev from Ukraine

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
And also, it seems to me, it would be a good idea to add the Sirius system, the most interesting thing is that in my collection of mods there are these 3 objects, I can provide them, just respond.

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Please add Wise 0855 and give it a blue gas giant texture
Actually, given its temperature, WISE 0855-0714 is actually not glowing at all, giving it a true black color. And besides, its likely a rogue world.
And also, it seems to me, it would be a good idea to add the Sirius system, the most interesting thing is that in my collection of mods there are these 3 objects, I can provide them, just respond.
3 objects? Any third stellar companion in the Sirius system would had been easily detected by now! Hopefully you mean A, B, and the Barycenter.

Update V0.2
  • Added Barnard's Star System (and Barnard's Star B)
  • Added barycenters to Luhman 16 and Rigil Kentaurus
  • New textures for Luhman 16 A, Luhman 16 B, and Proxima Centauri!
I'm sure that TA would be proud of you...

Lev from Ukraine

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Actually, given its temperature, WISE 0855-0714 is actually not glowing at all, giving it a true black color. And besides, its likely a rogue world.

3 objects? Any third stellar companion in the Sirius system would had been easily detected by now! Hopefully you mean A, B, and the Barycenter.

I'm sure that TA would be proud of you...
For example, new model
XRecorder_Edited_18042022_163130.jpg

Lev from Ukraine

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
[/QUOTE="Gurren Lagann, post: 168631, member: 2081"]Actually, given its temperature, WISE 0855-0714 is actually not glowing at all, giving it a true black color. And besides, its likely a rogue world.

I'm sure that TA would be proud of you...[/QUOTE]
Sirius AB and Wise 0855

Attachments

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
I wrote this topic in the search engine, but nothing was found
Sometimes¹ papers are more reliable than simple results from Google.

¹And by that i mean 99.995% of the time. Exceptions granted to Loeb's Oumuamua alien theory, Alberto Caballero's GJ 3470 "c" "candidate" "planet" (which i disproved myself too), and others.

Trying to use it and I come across two issues. Not sure if it’s due to me using an IPhone or not.
1. Any time I try to travel to any other star, the game glitches and sends the rocket into the center of the sun.
2. I get an error when trying to load up the world data at start. ERROR: planet format invalid: DS_store. Any idea on how I can fix this or at least prevent it, or do I need a mod installed?

Attachments

Lev from Ukraine

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
I now know this, but for now this article is awaiting verification, that is, I will not recognize it as missing Barnard's Star b until doubts are confirmed
Helix, i recommend removing Barnard's Star b, if that is ok with you, as it was likely a false positive.
I now know this, but for now this article is awaiting verification, that is, I will not recognize it as missing Barnard's Star b until doubts are confirmed

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered

ahem
arXiv and the Astrophysics Data System said:
Accepted for publication in The Astronomical Journal
Its cited by Newman et al. 2022 as well.