JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I couldn't find the update thread so I made a new one.
I asked stef about the reentry update about heat sheilds here was his answer.
20210430_202354.jpg

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Lol, you just have DMs with Stef I guess. :p

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
This. This is all the reasons why most servers ban random people just DM-ing the main guy.

'Hello stef, have you read my message yet? I've bothered you once already but you didn't reply so I'm just gonna do it again just to make sure it wasn't an over-sight.'

Also, if someone had randomly messaged me asking if I was implementing heat resistant materials so that objects could survive re-entry, I would cook up a sarcastic reply of such enormous proportions that they could make a movie about Godzilla fighting it.

Something to the tune of:
'Oh shit, I forgot about heat resistant parts. After doing all the research and implementing all the code for making the effects and thermal damage model, I'd completely forgotten that you'd need heat shields to re-enter the Earths atmosphere at orbital velocities until you, right this second, reminded me.
Thank you concerned gamer.

However.

No, I'm not. Why would I create heat shields? You can all just watch everything you de-orbit explode on re-entry so you can never return anything larger than a single capsule ever again.

Or how about you assume that I've thought about that already and have a plan / parts in mind for the craft side of re-entry. It's all in hand, stop asking me about updates and wait for the release like everyone else'.

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
This. This is all the reasons why most servers ban random people just DM-ing the main guy.

'Hello stef, have you read my message yet? I've bothered you once already but you didn't reply so I'm just gonna do it again just to make sure it wasn't an over-sight.'

Also, if someone had randomly messaged me asking if I was implementing heat resistant materials so that objects could survive re-entry, I would cook up a sarcastic reply of such enormous proportions that they could make a movie about Godzilla fighting it.

Something to the tune of:
'Oh shit, I forgot about heat resistant parts. After doing all the research and implementing all the code for making the effects and thermal damage model, I'd completely forgotten that you'd need heat shields to re-enter the Earths atmosphere at orbital velocities until you, right this second, reminded me.
Thank you concerned gamer.

However.

No, I'm not. Why would I create heat shields? You can all just watch everything you de-orbit explode on re-entry so you can never return anything larger than a single capsule ever again.

Or how about you assume that I've thought about that already and have a plan / parts in mind for the craft side of re-entry. It's all in hand, stop asking me about updates and wait for the release like everyone else'.
I messaged him that after a week of posting the first response.

The epic chicken

Grim Reaper
Asteroid Contest Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
i hope that pre reentry update bps are won't break without heat sheilds
when re entering

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
They'd have no heat shields, of course they'd break.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I messaged him that after a week of posting the first response.
Regardless if its 10 minutes or 10 years. You've still messaged him asking if he's read your message.

There's only two answers to that question.

i hope that pre reentry update bps are won't break without heat sheilds
when re entering

Oh no, how sad.

Anyway.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I couldn't find the update thread so I made a new one.
I asked stef about the reentry update about heat sheilds here was his answer.
View attachment 62141
This is exactly why updates take that long, only to be full of bugs. Because a lot of people pushes Stef, forcing him to rush the update, releasing it unfinished, and full of bugs. The rush also causes him to make mistakes, mistakes that he has to fix, delaying the update.

FFS people, leave Stef do his job in peace.

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Stef just released a sneak peak of reentry
unknown.png

It we make custom capsules we can BP edit the heat sheild.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
I guarantee people are going to stretch that shield so it invisibly covers the entire side of their rockets and stuff.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I love how people are already trying to cheat with a feature that hasn’t even been officially released...

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Still wonder what altitude will the heaty heat starts.