(NOT A MOD) how to access sfs internal files

Hello!, my name is Milanesa, and im here to contribute some nice things for the forum!
im not the best at doing these things but i do my best!

before continuing, i want to advise i am NOT encouraging piracy or any ilegal action, all assets belong to their perspective authors

Introduction:

in context, this will teach you how to access spaceflight simulator assets (unity games in general), what they mean and some other things!

we will need these tools:

A computer
A mobile device
Asset Studio
An APK file of Spaceflight simulator (note: not a pirated one, please dont do that!)
WinRAR/7Zip

Part 1:

First, download Asset Studio, What Asset Studio does is decrypt the Unity asset files and show them.
When you finished downloading AssetStudio, decompress the .zip file into a folder.
Then you need to get the .APK file, and i want to give an aclaration here:

A .APK file is not a modded/pirated app itself, .APK is the type of file that Android uses for applications, so please, dont get the SFS app via piracy, use my method.

1) Download APKExtractor on your mobile device where you have SFS installed
2) In APKextractor, select Spaceflight Simulator and export it, it will generate a .APK file in a directory specified by the app (sadly i cant put some screenshots to guide you)
3) Via USB, copy the .APK file to your computer.
4) Open the .APK file in WinRAR
5) Open AssetStudio
5) Select level0, 1, 2 , 3 (globalgamemanagers included) and sharedassets0, 1, 2 and 3 (.resS files included), and move them into the main menu of AssetStudio
6) Wait it to load and congratulations!, you have access to the sfs internal files, such as:
Sprites
Texture2D's
Fonts
MonoBehaviours
and etc.

Good luck in your trip!

Last edited by a moderator:

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Please avoid posting in that thread if you don't contribute to the discussion or if you don't have something to ask. Especially that it's necroposting in this case. Please leave that discussion clean for people that will look for informations into it.

astromax24

Man on the Moon
Registered
Please avoid posting in that thread if you don't contribute to the discussion or if you don't have something to ask. Especially that it's necroposting in this case. Please leave that discussion clean for people that will look for informations into it.
Alright, bad habit sorry

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Android users cannot mod either last time i checked, if you want to use mods and the mod loader you'll have to use the PC version, to make a mod you need unity, though if you are on an apple device you can still download custom translations, planet packs, and blueprints.