Nuclear Power Launchpad

• Thread starter The Dark in the Light
  • Start date

Should I do more of this?

• Total voters
T

The Dark in the Light

After about 2 hours or so of testing and building and more testing, I present to you my Nuclear Powered Launchpad! This will be one of the few high quality posts i will have, one of them being a planet pack im creating. Firstly some things to note:

1, I will include the bp.s and for you, @mods, this is mainly art and I'm only including the bp.s for people if they want to build it them selves.

2, if you download this place down the 'Launchpad' bp. first, because if you want to put a rocket on here you need to see where to put the docking ports on the bottom of your rocket. Also, if you're going to build it use at least Zero Gravity and Unbreakable parts.

3, If you use this build in YouTube videos, please, make sure you give me the credit.

Now on to the actual pictures.
Here is the Reactor, Turbine and Generator part of it. From left to right: Reactors 1 and 2, the turbine and the generator. Take note that the 2 solar panels extended inside the reactor are supposed to be control rods and the solar panel extended into reactor 2 (the one farther right), is supposed to be the steam lines that go into the turbine to turn. The 2 reactors look the same aside from number 2 having the 'steam lines' in it. The battery coming out of the turbine is supposed to be the thing that turns in the generator making electricity. I could go into the entire process but you've already read enough.
Screenshot_2019-11-23-01-31-52.png

Next, the cooling tower and some of the power lines.
The cooling tower, from what I know, uses the water in it to cool down the reactors as well as put water around the reactors which would heat up creating steam which would then travel through the steam lines to the turbine. See how the power lines are made from parachutes? The actually make good wire for this. There are also some solar panels there to generate a bit more electricity.
Screenshot_2019-11-23-01-32-10.png

Now this next one is just power lines, but it still is important the build.
Screenshot_2019-11-23-01-32-46.png

Lastly we have the launchpad itself. With power lines from the plant going to it, it has more than enough power. The buildings a quite simple. There is the launch tower, the spot where to put the rocket it self and the control building.
Screenshot_2019-11-23-01-33-21.png

Thanks for taking the time to see this. I was actually inspired to build this as I was thinking about my science project.

Attachments

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Yeah, art is the right place for this.

I do like a good launch facility, just makes launches look that little bit more interesting.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Nice project, this is obviously welcome in the art section.

I'm not sure I would put the control building so close to the launchpad though. You know, in real life rockets sometimes like to explode on the launchpad or to fall back on it after a failure during the early flight :p

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
After about 2 hours or so of testing and building and more testing, I present to you my Nuclear Powered Launchpad! This will be one of the few high quality posts i will have, one of them being a planet pack im creating. Firstly some things to note:

1, I will include the bp.s and for you, @mods, this is mainly art and I'm only including the bp.s for people if they want to build it them selves.

2, if you download this place down the 'Launchpad' bp. first, because if you want to put a rocket on here you need to see where to put the docking ports on the bottom of your rocket. Also, if you're going to build it use at least Zero Gravity and Unbreakable parts.

3, If you use this build in YouTube videos, please, make sure you give me the credit.

Now on to the actual pictures.
Here is the Reactor, Turbine and Generator part of it. From left to right: Reactors 1 and 2, the turbine and the generator. Take note that the 2 solar panels extended inside the reactor are supposed to be control rods and the solar panel extended into reactor 2 (the one farther right), is supposed to be the steam lines that go into the turbine to turn. The 2 reactors look the same aside from number 2 having the 'steam lines' in it. The battery coming out of the turbine is supposed to be the thing that turns in the generator making electricity. I could go into the entire process but you've already read enough.
View attachment 29479
Next, the cooling tower and some of the power lines.
The cooling tower, from what I know, uses the water in it to cool down the reactors as well as put water around the reactors which would heat up creating steam which would then travel through the steam lines to the turbine. See how the power lines are made from parachutes? The actually make good wire for this. There are also some solar panels there to generate a bit more electricity.
View attachment 29480
Now this next one is just power lines, but it still is important the build.
View attachment 29483
Lastly we have the launchpad itself. With power lines from the plant going to it, it has more than enough power. The buildings a quite simple. There is the launch tower, the spot where to put the rocket it self and the control building.
View attachment 29482
Thanks for taking the time to see this. I was actually inspired to build this as I was thinking about my science project.
Nice! Can you show us a picture of the whole build?