One rocket, one big cargo.

I got the idea of a basic challenge, just put the heaviest and biggest thing that you can in the top of a rocket and send it to LEO.
Rules:
-No BP editing

-No refueling (if the ''thing'' that you are sending to LEO are fuel tanks, you cant refuel from them)

-No cheats or mods

-Can be a replica or just a rocket that you made

Thats all!
if you got any question just ask me.
For now i just made this:
1595607096240.png
Not really big, i know.
But i will try more!

I got the idea of a basic challenge, just put the heaviest and biggest thing that you can in the top of a rocket and send it to LEO.
Rules:
-No BP editing

-No refueling (if the ''thing'' that you are sending to LEO are fuel tanks, you cant refuel from them)

-No cheats or mods

-Can be a replica or just a rocket that you made

Thats all!
if you got any question just ask me.
For now i just made this:
View attachment 42284 Not really big, i know.
But i will try more!
Oh i forgot, payload cant have engines.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
oooh, a 1.5 lifting competition.

This is gonna hit 5 figures pretty quickly

smol

Registered
I'm not sure of whats that, but yeah why not
It is possible to build part of a rocket, move it aside near the launch pad, build some more of a rocket, put that aside, etc., and then assemble a super gigantic rocket that could never fit into a single build space.

A no-holds barred lifting competition like this generally results in so many titans and fuel tanks that the limiting factor (besides imagination) is can your phone handle the stress of lighting up 100s of engines at once. Many phones can't. Here's Earl lifting over 7000 tons to LEO.

Common challenge alternatives so that it doesn't simply become a dick phone measuring contest are:
- limit the payload (the kiloton club limits the payload to 1000kg)
- limit the build to one DLC build space (the theoretical limit is ~850t to LEO)

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Yeah. An alternative would be a rule meaning you can make it as big as you like, but you can't copy and paste side-by-side boosters. As in, it has to look like a rocket and not the Taj Mahal during a fire, which means getting creative and going upwards rather than going outwards.

Common challenge alternatives so that it doesn't simply become a dick phone measuring contest are
Yeah, they usually devolve into a 'who has the fastest phone' competition. I'm just jealous cos my S2 will never be able to run the rocket I want to build.

Or set categories:
  • Non-DLC single build screen
  • Non-DLC absolute
  • DLC single build screen
  • DLC 3 screen max width (as tall as you like though)
  • Absolute.
Then everyone can have a crack at a record that's fair to anyone.

Obviously with a set of rules:
  • Minimum orbit of 35x35km
  • no stretched engines or exploits (Titan fuel transfer, for example)
To make the standards objective and fair.

the theoretical limit is ~850kg to LEO
Can anyone here beat 0.85tons to LEO?