Phoenix Aerospace

Atlas
Copycat
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
about 10m from Mercury surface my engine committed unexist and now the solar panel is grieving for its friend

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
There is more fuel efficient way to get to Mercury - by using gravity assistance from other celestial bodies. Main option is to use Venus - it is the easiest one to perform. But you can also use Mars assistance first, before Venus, or entirely without Venus (no benefit here, but still doable, just for fun), it might be easier for you to get to Mercury with best trajectory this way. Directly from Earth to Venus it is easier of course, but it is still not obvious how to get best trajectory, while bad trajectory requires much more fuel to burn.

The good news are - you have a lot of extra fuel, thus you can afford bad trajectories as long as gravity assists were used at all.

And in addition to that you can also use Mercury's assistance as well to reduce differences in speed between you and Mercury, which will allow using less fuel for slowing down before landing.

With best trajectories on each step you will still have 15%-20% of fuel left after you landed.

Phoenix Aerospace

Atlas
Copycat
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
There is more fuel efficient way to get to Mercury - by using gravity assistance from other celestial bodies. Main option is to use Venus - it is the easiest one to perform. But you can also use Mars assistance first, before Venus, or entirely without Venus (no benefit here, but still doable, just for fun), it might be easier for you to get to Mercury with best trajectory this way. Directly from Earth to Venus it is easier of course, but it is still not obvious how to get best trajectory, while bad trajectory requires much more fuel to burn.

The good news are - you have a lot of extra fuel, thus you can afford bad trajectories as long as gravity assists were used at all.

And in addition to that you can also use Mercury's assistance as well to reduce differences in speed between you and Mercury, which will allow using less fuel for slowing down before landing.

With best trajectories on each step you will still have 15%-20% of fuel left after you landed.
i still landed though, did it pass?

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
They say if you damaged one of solar panels - it is still a pass, but you must complete one more mission from the list. And two more missions if both solar panels were damaged. Read in the first message there: Team Hawk Instructions!

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Well for you just one

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
That is not enough screenshots for this mission. You should have a screenshot for every burn you make, when you're in orbit, etc.
Also I'm pretty sure you need to do a gravity assist to succeed. Altaïr?

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
That is not enough screenshots for this mission. You should have a screenshot for every burn you make, when you're in orbit, etc.
Also I'm pretty sure you need to do a gravity assist to succeed. Altaïr?
Well you can get to Mercury without gravity assist
Use cheats

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Marmilo is right SN15 , you need to provide more screenshots. Considering that it's highly unlikely that you managed to land on Mercury that way and given your past cheat attempts we won't trust you with so few screenshots.

Phoenix Aerospace

Atlas
Copycat
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Marmilo is right SN15 , you need to provide more screenshots. Considering that it's highly unlikely that you managed to land on Mercury that way and given your past cheat attempts we won't trust you with so few screenshots.
alr, do you want me to do a video maybe?