Peculiar Finds

T

TtTOtW

Somehow it just doesn't seem right... hmmm
main-qimg-bb290b6579652ecc5405628cea73ad86.png

Used on Wikipedia to show metric vs imperial countries...

Post your peculiar finds here.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Somehow it just doesn't seem right... hmmm
View attachment 51673
Used on Wikipedia to show metric vs imperial countries...

Post your peculiar finds here.
We don't harass the US for using an outdated system. We harass them for using Imperial, when they took such great pains to leave the Empire.
And why we use both, cos we're smart enough to use both...

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Sorry TtTOtW, every country in the world that trades with the U.S. uses U.S. standards of measurement. Not even imperial. Hell most people don't even know the difference. Any product coming into the United States must be labeled in US standard units. So China, Japan, U.K. EU, everyone uses ounces, feet, etc. Even if it's just in labelling. It might be a fine line but it's there. Potato patato. I've become accustomed to metric and I certainly don't have any issues with it and I have no idea why we haven't converted 100%. Trust that the scientific community is 100% metric. Except that pesky Isp. Anyways that wiki graphic irked me. In science truth is paramount.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Sorry TtTOtW, every country in the world that trades with the U.S. uses U.S. standards of measurement. Not even imperial. Hell most people don't even know the difference. Any product coming into the United States must be labeled in US standard units. So China, Japan, U.K. EU, everyone uses ounces, feet, etc. Even if it's just in labelling. It might be a fine line but it's there. Potato patato. I've become accustomed to metric and I certainly don't have any issues with it and I have no idea why we haven't converted 100%. Trust that the scientific community is 100% metric. Except that pesky Isp. Anyways that wiki graphic irked me. In science truth is paramount.
Um, lots of products have labelling in umpteen languages too. Does that count as well? Because then everywhere uses Japanese by that standard. :p

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Um, lots of products have labelling in umpteen languages too. Does that count as well? Because then everywhere uses Japanese by that standard. :p
Exactly. Except japan uses metric. It's just the language that's uniquely japanese :p