Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
Compatible with SfS V1.5.8
This Pack Contains 4 items :
  1. P-238 Fuel Tank
    P-238 is the fuel for all exotic items, it heavy and it decays over time (not effected by time-warp... yet).
  2. Unlicensed Ion Technology
    A overpowered engine for zooming around the cosmos.
  3. Exotic Heat Shield
    Made of exotic material that when heated it recharges the P-238 Tanks on your spacecraft but note it only has a 300C tolerance.
  4. Orion Nuclear Pulse Engine (its got a real KICK to it!)
Yes there is a clear "green" theme so you can quickly pick out what material is exotic in your regular menus.

Here is a Demo Video Showing how to use these items on your next space adventure:
Get it here --> Releases · EmberSkyMedia/SFS_ESM_Exotics

Attachments

Last edited:

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Oh, very original, congrats!

I'm surprised that P238 decays that fast, though it's an interesting limitation for an engine that would be overpowered otherwise.

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
Minor update, now latest is 0.1.1 (fixed "P-238" to "Pu-238" [thanks m2210 in discord for pointing that mistake out] and fixed a balance issue in the Pu-238 fuel tank sizes) same link as above.

Oh, very original, congrats!

I'm surprised that P238 decays that fast, though it's an interesting limitation for an engine that would be overpowered otherwise.
Yes I can tweak how fast the Pu-238 decays based on feedback I hope to get, Initially I thought ~25 minutes of real-time gameplay for regular tank and recharge sheild should be enough for people who want to use it for Jupiter or Custom System Packs where they travel to other solar systems (as long as there is a planet/moon with an atmosphere they can recharge the sheild). Of course you can use the bigger fuel tanks and just carry more fuel...

Laga

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
or you can simply just use engines to heat the recharge shield

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
well sorry then
No worries, its on me for not finding out a better solution prior to launch, but people wanted it "as-is" so this is a pre-release. When more items are added I'll hopefully have a solution in place or an alternative recharging method.

No worries, its on me for not finding out a better solution prior to launch, but people wanted it "as-is" so this is a pre-release. When more items are added I'll hopefully have a solution in place or an alternative recharging method.
Then tehnicaly, you can make sort of nuclear reactor..

The epic chicken

Grim Reaper
Asteroid Contest Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
wait, an RTG is an nuclear reactor?
Its more like a nuclear battery/generator

'A radioisotope thermoelectric generator (RTG, RITEG) is a type of nuclear battery that uses an array of thermocouples to convert the heat released by the decay of a suitable radioactive material into electricity by the Seebeck effect. This type of generator has no moving parts'
(Stolen from Wikipedia)

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
wait, an RTG is an nuclear reactor?
Rtg is a nuke batt
Usin the heat of plutonium it converts to electricity

Nuclear reactor is uh... With set of uranium under water doin a fissile thing that heats up and turn water stuff go to turbine and generates electricity

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
If the Nuclear pulse engine could have extra fuel brought with it, rather than only having 5 pulses, that would be more true to the concept IRL. Right now, its only good for advanced interplanetary travel, and not in the way NASA had in mind. Other than that, love the pack!

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
If the Nuclear pulse engine could have extra fuel brought with it, rather than only having 5 pulses, that would be more true to the concept IRL. Right now, its only good for advanced interplanetary travel, and not in the way NASA had in mind. Other than that, love the pack!
There are "issues" when I tried unlimited pulses and its quite a bit of work adding in each additional "pulse" so I capped it at 5, the idea being one to accellerate, one to slow down. Another 2 for the return journey and a spare.

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
There are "issues" when I tried unlimited pulses and its quite a bit of work adding in each additional "pulse" so I capped it at 5, the idea being one to accellerate, one to slow down. Another 2 for the return journey and a spare.
Did you have to code it or just use the unity editor?