Planet Textures

rms59

Registered
Getting the hang of SFS finally (late bloomer) and know how to add mods and blueprints and land on the moon, etc.... but I just can't get Planet Textures to work. I have the PC version through Steam latest version. I've downloaded about 4 of them to see which one works, placed the files in the "Custom Solar Systems" directory but I never see anything in the game. All the planets look the same no matter which of the four I use. Some I tried were "Luminaris", "terformed words" but I see nothing. What am I doing wrong or what should I expect to see?

New Horizons

58 AU from the Sun
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
put the planet textures into a folder, and then edit the planet.txt so that it says sonething like "planettexturecutout" or something like that.

New Horizons

58 AU from the Sun
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
for example, if you go into the example folder, you will see something like "earth.txt" and in it it there would be planettexturecutout: Eartth or something like that.

rms59

Registered
for example, if you go into the example folder, you will see something like "earth.txt" and in it it there would be planettexturecutout: Eartth or something like that.
I see all that but don't know what to do next. I've dropped the entire folder in the "Custom Solar Systems" directory like I was told to do by someone else but nothing happens. After 98 views but no step by step instructions leads me to believe none of it works. Thanks anyway for the replies but I give up.

New Horizons

58 AU from the Sun
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
NONONO, you drop the folder with the textures into the solar system folder (for example, IRIS) its in the custom solar systems folder, but put it in the system folder

rms59

Registered
NONONO, you drop the folder with the textures into the solar system folder (for example, IRIS) its in the custom solar systems folder, but put it in the system folder
This is my directory structure. Top one shows the Example directory plus the planet pack I downloaded. The middle one shows what's inside the planet pack folder, and the bottom one shows what's in its texture folder.

Attachments

Pheonix A

Moon Maker
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
This is my directory structure. Top one shows the Example directory plus the planet pack I downloaded. The middle one shows what's inside the planet pack folder, and the bottom one shows what's in its texture folder.
You have to edit the planet source file in 'Planet Data', open any planet file. Scroll down to 'terraindata' until you see 'planetTexture', change the name to your image name.

Attachments