Project Juno

This projects is a personal one (idk where to post it) but I just wanted to see how many people would want to follow along as the project is carried out.

This mission has the goal to establish a human presence in the Jupiter system with the use of an advanced surface colony. Preferably, this colony would be completely transferred on one ship, called a Colony Cruiser. This would be an absolutely massive ship, likely weighing more than 10k tons, and this particular ship, called the Juno Colony Cruiser, will be partially taken apart when at its destination in order to construct the colony.

The current designs of the ship will consist of 14 different landable craft, including 4 specialized landers made specifically for the moon (either Ganymede or Callisto), one skycrane transporter, called the Surface to Orbit Cargo Ferry, and an LREV (long range exploration vehicle), along with 8 modified Dreamchasers. It will also consist of a massive particle shield at the front of the ship, which will serve as a foundation for the colony. Other craft transported with it include two StarlinerCTS ships, two refueling ships, and eight OCTVs (Orbital Crew Transport Vehicle).

Once having arrived at the target, the ship will be deconstructed and converted into a space station and gateway to the outer gas giants. Currently the ship is being built in the build menu, and will be constructed in orbit using multiple surface launches.

This whole idea came to me when I was bored so I decided to draw it on the back of my computer here are the current plans:
IMG_4023.jpeg

UN Cosmo Navy

Explorer Program Management - non-dlc
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Under Pressure
Registered
This projects is a personal one (idk where to post it) but I just wanted to see how many people would want to follow along as the project is carried out.

This mission has the goal to establish a human presence in the Jupiter system with the use of an advanced surface colony. Preferably, this colony would be completely transferred on one ship, called a Colony Cruiser. This would be an absolutely massive ship, likely weighing more than 10k tons, and this particular ship, called the Juno Colony Cruiser, will be partially taken apart when at its destination in order to construct the colony.

The current designs of the ship will consist of 14 different landable craft, including 4 specialized landers made specifically for the moon (either Ganymede or Callisto), one skycrane transporter, called the Surface to Orbit Cargo Ferry, and an LREV (long range exploration vehicle), along with 8 modified Dreamchasers. It will also consist of a massive particle shield at the front of the ship, which will serve as a foundation for the colony. Other craft transported with it include two StarlinerCTS ships, two refueling ships, and eight OCTVs (Orbital Crew Transport Vehicle).

Once having arrived at the target, the ship will be deconstructed and converted into a space station and gateway to the outer gas giants. Currently the ship is being built in the build menu, and will be constructed in orbit using multiple surface launches.

This whole idea came to me when I was bored so I decided to draw it on the back of my computer here are the current plans:
View attachment 114803
Bro uses his.... Chromebook?

Current progress. The two pieces here which are compared to a basic reentry capsule are the command deck and the Dreamchaser Lander docking ports, which only account for a tenth of the total length of the ship.
IMG_4036.png