Random Part Pack

bobios

Modder
Registered
This is a pack that just contains every random part I decide to make the parts will be listed below the image starting from the top left. (Vanilla capsules for scale)

1657668924512.png

• Dragon Capsule
    • A bigger sized capsule (6 wide). Missing most real life functionality but this is temporary. Bottom does work as a heatshield however.
  • Snapping-Turtle Engine
    • An engine with a extendable nozzle to increase the ISP and thrust of the standard Frontier Engine
  • Landing Gear (Medium and Large Variants)
    • A deployable landing gear for planes or any other craft. Larger leg is stronger and more durable that smaller one.

More parts to come in the future!

Attachments

Kormak

Registered
This is a pack that just contains every random part I decide to make the parts will be listed below the image starting from the top left. (Vanilla capsules for scale)

View attachment 86392
  • Dragon Capsule
    • A bigger sized capsule (6 wide). Missing most real life functionality but this is temporary. Bottom does work as a heatshield however.
  • Snapping-Turtle Engine
    • An engine with a extendable nozzle to increase the ISP and thrust of the standard Frontier Engine
    • A deployable landing gear for planes or any other craft. Larger leg is stronger and more durable that smaller one.

Now this is cool! Well done! I'll have to download this soon, as well as create my own mods.

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
So Cool, I'm really going to have fun with these!

Did you want any feedback? I noticed a few minor quibbles (more astetics than anythinge).

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
Premised with these are just ideas for you to ponder.

1. Cosmetic Placement in BlueScreen Catagories
- I'd suggest titleling the section to something different then "Modded Parts" like maybe "Bobios Parts". Eventually it likely will be best if these parts get merged into their own streams once its ready for full release. Also currently your catagory is top of the list.
- Singular RCS Thurster also shows up under "Engines" but Snaping-Turtle Engine does not.
- Landing gear could be put under "other" or maybe a new catagory "Aviontics", I'm sure eventually someone will build a propeller and functional wings.

2. Dragon Capsule
- Feels like it could be a bit more "bottom" heavy just a tad.
- During Re-entry both the Capsule and Heat Shield are called "Dragon Capsule" vs. say "Dragon Capsule" & "Dragon Heat Shield"
- Tested at +2500C rentry (great!), I found much faster then that it became unstable or burned up.
- Would be nice if the top attachment point was bigger for more than just a parachute.
20220714000526_1.jpg

20220714000630_1.jpg

20220714000753_1.jpg

3. Single RCS Thruster
- Thurst is 4.5t (in one direction) where as normal RCS is only 1.5t (in three directions). Given you've dropped the weight I think it would make sense if it was also 1.5t.

4. Landing Gear
- Its not clear where the attachment point is for anything squared on the 1:1 grid (it's like just tad to big/small respectively). It appears as if you HAVE TO use the part moder / clipping to make it work.

5. Snaping Turtle Engine
- So in the build screen you can open/close the engine and turn it on/off (while in play both of these things are fixed). You so you can run "closed" although there appears to be no adverse side effect of doing so.
- It would be neat (just thinking outloud) if the engine could run High Thrust (lower ISP) when in atmospher and then its in space it opens up and switches over to a lower trust but now has much higher ISP.
20220714003010_1.jpg

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
Snapping Turtle #2 - to further not on the engine miss match, it occurs when a rocket runs out of fuel (engine turns off, but does not retract). If you give it more gas and turn the engine on… it’s now running in the retracted position.

bobios

Modder
Registered

View attachment 86392
  • Dragon Capsule
    • A bigger sized capsule (6 wide). Bottom does work as a heatshield and there is a built in parachute.
  • Snapping-Turtle Engine
    • An engine with a extendable nozzle to increase the ISP and thrust of the standard Frontier Engine. Currently the extension is only a visual effect but hopefully this will soon be remedied

Get the latest version from my github!

bobios

Modder
Registered

View attachment 86392
  • Dragon Capsule
    • A bigger sized capsule (6 wide). Bottom does work as a heatshield and there is a built in parachute.
  • Snapping-Turtle Engine
    • An engine with a extendable nozzle to increase the ISP and thrust of the standard Frontier Engine. Currently the extension is only a visual effect but hopefully this will soon be remedied

Get the latest version from my github!
Premised with these are just ideas for you to ponder.

1. Cosmetic Placement in BlueScreen Catagories
- I'd suggest titleling the section to something different then "Modded Parts" like maybe "Bobios Parts". Eventually it likely will be best if these parts get merged into their own streams once its ready for full release. Also currently your catagory is top of the list.
- Singular RCS Thurster also shows up under "Engines" but Snaping-Turtle Engine does not.
- Landing gear could be put under "other" or maybe a new catagory "Aviontics", I'm sure eventually someone will build a propeller and functional wings.

2. Dragon Capsule
- Feels like it could be a bit more "bottom" heavy just a tad.
- During Re-entry both the Capsule and Heat Shield are called "Dragon Capsule" vs. say "Dragon Capsule" & "Dragon Heat Shield"
- Tested at +2500C rentry (great!), I found much faster then that it became unstable or burned up.
- Would be nice if the top attachment point was bigger for more than just a parachute.
View attachment 86500
View attachment 86501
View attachment 86502

3. Single RCS Thruster
- Thurst is 4.5t (in one direction) where as normal RCS is only 1.5t (in three directions). Given you've dropped the weight I think it would make sense if it was also 1.5t.

4. Landing Gear
- Its not clear where the attachment point is for anything squared on the 1:1 grid (it's like just tad to big/small respectively). It appears as if you HAVE TO use the part moder / clipping to make it work.

5. Snaping Turtle Engine
- So in the build screen you can open/close the engine and turn it on/off (while in play both of these things are fixed). You so you can run "closed" although there appears to be no adverse side effect of doing so.
- It would be neat (just thinking outloud) if the engine could run High Thrust (lower ISP) when in atmospher and then its in space it opens up and switches over to a lower trust but now has much higher ISP.
View attachment 86503
Thank you for all the feed back i fixed most of the issues in some way or another but the problems with the engine are still an issue I am working on. The capsule now says heat shield for the heating as well as contains its own parachute to allow for something on top. the landing legs have no build collision on the upper half of there casing allowing them to sit up against the bottom of something the the RCS thruster has received some balancing

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
Some thoughts (depending on which direction you go with the Dragon Capsule
- Clicking on the Top sets up the parachute
- Clicking on the Heat shield fires the Super Draco Thursters (if you decide to add them/figure out how).

bobios

Modder
Registered
Some thoughts (depending on which direction you go with the Dragon Capsule
- Clicking on the Top sets up the parachute
- Clicking on the Heat shield fires the Super Draco Thursters (if you decide to add them/figure out how).
ya It wouldn't be hard to add them its just I have no idea how to have the different areas of a part control different things

Hermes

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
You'll have to wait for the mod creator to port it to the newest version, but you just install it like any other part mod.
Do you use the beta mod loader or the old one?

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Thanks! Can you tell me what folder to put it in? I have had no success on my own.
Hello Hermes,

The installation procedure and anything you have to know about mods installation are summarized into this thread.

Hermes

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Hello Hermes,

The installation procedure and anything you have to know about mods installation are summarized into this thread.
Thanks! I appreciate the help but am still confused. Can you please just tell me the folder to put the file in?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Thanks! I appreciate the help but am still confused. Can you please just tell me the folder to put the file in?
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Spaceflight Simulator\Spaceflight Simulator Game\Mods\Custom Assets\Parts

Hermes

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Thank you for your help! I will try this later when I get the chance.

Hermes

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Spaceflight Simulator\Spaceflight Simulator Game\Mods\Custom Assets\Parts
It did not work. I keep getting a message that it can't deserialize the files. I have no idea what that means. Help!

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
It did not work. I keep getting a message that it can't deserialize the files. I have no idea what that means. Help!
It needs to be ported to the latest version, as is it won't work with the new beta.