Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
More to the point, have you done this challenge already?

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
You can, orbit keeps raising if there is no gravity .
But drag is the problem, if you go out of earth's atmosphere you can easily orbit
Are you sure about that? You can get into space without gravity, but orbiting requires gravity.
If you need proof, turn off gravity and then switch to something already in orbit somewhere. It will stop going around in a circle and continue on in a straight line.

This challenge is pretty easy anyway. You just need a probe core and a shitload of big separators.

Vi...

Registered
Are you sure about that? You can get into space without gravity, but orbiting requires gravity.
If you need proof, turn off gravity and then switch to something already in orbit somewhere. It will stop going around in a circle and continue on in a straight line.

This challenge is pretty easy anyway. You just need a probe core and a shitload of big separators.
You know one of the best technique but nothing happens in zero gravity. And I have turned zero gravity on but nothing happened to my rockets

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
And I have turned zero gravity on but nothing happened to my rockets
Did you watch them on the map screen? You'll see the projected orbital path changing as its speed and direction remain constant. It's actually a really good way to accidentally de-orbit something.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
You know one of the best technique but nothing happens in zero gravity. And I have turned zero gravity on but nothing happened to my rockets
The no gravity cheat only applies to the rocket you control, and those who are in a radius of 5 km or less. Other rockets won't be affected.

On the rest Horus is right, that's what I meant too. When under "no gravity", a ship moves in a straight line. The game still shows an orbit, but this orbit is calculated by taking gravity into account, so it's irrelevant in this case. That's also why the displayed orbit magically changes without any action from you. Your object doesn't actually orbit, it simply travels in a straight line.

Actually, your challenge consists rather in "making the game display an orbit", but because the cheat breaks the physics, it's not actually orbiting. Now if you find it fun this is your right to post such a challenge, it's just that the term is confusing.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend

Maybe Stef changed something in 1.5?
From my experience just now, stuff that is already in orbit will remain in the same orbit despite 0-G. Like it's on rails.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Maybe Stef changed something in 1.5?
From my experience just now, stuff that is already in orbit will remain in the same orbit despite 0-G. Like it's on rails.
I just tested, you're right! The no gravity magic stops as soon as the object is in orbit (when the periapsis reaches Karman line). To my knowledge that's new indeed, though I can't be sure as no gravity is usually against my religion :p

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
It's still an "SSTO"
Shitload of Stages To Orbit
finally someone got it right :3 :3 :3

i found a video in ksp where he used only the decouplers to reach orbit.........

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Someone did this challenge in KSP...

Like I said, a probe and an absolute shitload of separators...

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Someone did this challenge in KSP...

Like I said, a probe and an absolute shitload of separators...
how to launch kerbals to orbit without rocket propulsion (maybe nuke propulsion??)