"reached low moon orbit" spam

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I put a satellite in a low orbit around the moon, and the game started spamming me with "reached low moon orbit". I was in a stable orbit, and never left

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
dang thats a lot of achievements :3 :3 :3

SFSAbhishek

/<***@Intricate Crafts are Mine✓***>\
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
By the way you can still go even closer

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Oh, that's fun!
I guess the game triggers the achievement when you're at a minimum height above the ground, which makes it happen repeatedly because of the irregular terrain.

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
By the way you can still go even closer
my friend made a shootin like football in mun where there is a big fairing in moon then the satellite shoot by.....

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Oh, that's fun!
I guess the game triggers the achievement when you're at a minimum height above the ground, which makes it happen repeatedly because of the irregular terrain.
Probably does it to keep your flight achievements in order, rather than only earning them once like you used to.
You could probably get the same effect if you kept touching down on the moon or was doing some appropriately low level flying and kept dipping in and out of 'low orbit' somewhere.

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Probably does it to keep your flight achievements in order, rather than only earning them once like you used to.
You could probably get the same effect if you kept touching down on the moon or was doing some appropriately low level flying and kept dipping in and out of 'low orbit' somewhere.
yup but not bug or glitch right??

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
yup but not bug or glitch right??
Probably not. It's more likely to be a situation the devs hadn't thought about, someone sitting in the 100-200m wide window where the terrain allows you to drop in and out of low orbit like that.
Actually be interesting to see somewhere more severe and faster, like Ganymede or Io, where the terrain features are much steeper and low orbital speed is a lot faster.

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Probably not. It's more likely to be a situation the devs hadn't thought about, someone sitting in the 100-200m wide window where the terrain allows you to drop in and out of low orbit like that.
Actually be interesting to see somewhere more severe and faster, like Ganymede or Io, where the terrain features are much steeper and low orbital speed is a lot faster.
ahh so its now what we called too low terrain in planes but in spacecraft....
so if low flight in jupiter's moon that would be a hecc of a show :3 :3

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
ahh so its now what we called too low terrain in planes but in spacecraft....
so if low flight in jupiter's moon that would be a hecc of a show :3 :3
No, it's not a terrain warning and I'm not sure how you interpreted what i said as such. It's still an 'achievement'.
Just in this game (unlike in 1.4), you can earn the same achievement more than once per 'mission' and as long as you keep satisfying the criteria for said achievement, then you'll keep earning that achievement.