Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
This is where SFS records will be kept, along with links to where they were submitted.
It will be expanded with time (you can suggest records to include). For fairness and clarity, records will tend to have terms attached as required so that everyone attempting it is on the same level. This might mean disallowing certain items, or exploits, or locking the record to a specific SFS version.
If needed, this section will be categorised and indexed, such as by SFS version associated with the record, and the community the record is popular in.
Not every suggested record will be included, and records will of course tend to be numerical in nature.

List of records suggested, implemented so far:
Forum
Lightest Voyager Quest [SFS versions with engine heating(if relevant), and same terms as current voyager quest]:
Astro826's Voyager quest (199.66t)

Discord
1 Lift off mass of rocket is recorded
2 Must have video proof of full mission and send the bp file
3 No switching craft to avoid atmosphere
4 All craft that reach their target must return to earth, or dock with a craft that will return
5 Must use the default solar system, no cheats, bp editing, mods, or clipping allowed (Part clipping is allowed to get certain part states or configurations so long as the craft is not clipped when it leaves the ground)
6 Old parts are allowed so long as they were once vanilla parts in an official release and were accessible without bp editing You must load an old bp containing them to use them

Rules made by Astria.

Lightest Rocket to LEO and Return
yonkee , 10.64t
Link: Yonkee, SFS Official Discord
Video: Yonkee 10.64t orbit

Last edited by a moderator:

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Reserved for potential categories

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Also reserved for potential categories

Idkgeek

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
Suggestion heaviest payload to orbit

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend

Idkgeek

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
Ok, I'll make a section for that record that follows Astria's rules.

We won't do a plain "heaviest X" without any qualifiers, because then it's just a game of who can bp edit bigger numbers.
Has to be an ssto no mods, no no heat obp edit and no Tank stretching. Any harder?

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Not really, you could just stack tanks forever in infinite buildscreen.

What would be a better record is heaviest Atlas submission for Team Hawk. Because it's single build grid and no editing or clipping are allowed.

Idkgeek

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
Not really, you could just stack tanks forever in infinite buildscreen.

What would be a better record is heaviest Atlas submission for Team Hawk. Because it's single build grid and no editing or clipping are allowed.
Yes do that

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
Closest Circular Solar Orbit with return to earth, max 3000T take off mass?
Aphelion is the determining height and should be with 5% of perihelion.

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Heaviest team hawk to orbit:

Screenshot_20220808-080020.png
Screenshot_20220808-080043.png

Screenshot_20220808-074722.png

Screenshot_20220808-074920.png
Screenshot_20220808-075040.png
Screenshot_20220808-075105.png
Screenshot_20220808-075616.png
I drained a little fuel from the mini tanks on the bottom, 74% in the small one, medium one is empty. I accounted for that in the screenshot. 785t it is, +- 0.1t
This is the extension mechanism I use to fit more engines and fuel. The gif is of an older iteration, but it's good enough
MovaviClips_Video_20220501-101015 (4).gif

Last edited:

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Maximum Dv for a 50t rocket, no cheat, no test needed, only calculation
A bit too hypothetical. :)

Closest Circular Solar Orbit with return to earth, max 3000T take off mass?
Aphelion is the determining height and should be with 5% of perihelion.
That's interesting, might add it as a overall collection of solar system body records.

Heaviest team hawk to orbit:

View attachment 88941 I drained a little fuel from the mini tanks on the bottom, 74% in the small one, medium one is empty. I accounted for that in the screenshot. 785t it is, +- 0.1t
This is the extension mechanism I use to fit more engines and fuel. The gif is of an older iteration, but it's good enough
View attachment 88945
Submit it in your team hawk Atlas thread for formality. ;)

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
A bit too hypothetical. :)

That's interesting, might add it as a overall collection of solar system body records.

Submit it in your team hawk Atlas thread for formality. ;)
Tomorrow :D

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
Highest Re-entry burn in one mission for all three atmospheric planets (Mars/Venus/Earth).
- Same Capsule/Probe must land on all three planets; but the rest of the lander/obiter etc can be different.
- Single launch DLC (Non-DLC can do 3 launches)
Score = TempE + TempV + TempM

*No Engine Heating of the heat shield!*

Last edited:

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
Largest SSTO to land on Mars (with Return)
Largest SSTO to land on Venus (with Return)

The whole craft must return (minus fuel + used parachutes of course).

Score: DryMass on return (so zero out your fuel before you do craft recovery).

Last edited:

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
Metorite:

Fastest Survivable Entry into Earth's Atmosphere - You'll need a video to prove your speed at the 30KM mark and decent.

Must be suborbital terminal pass (aka you land, not aerobraking in the upper atmosphere).

I don't care how you do it... but make sure the capsule survives so you can claim it! The rest of the spacecraft is disposable.

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
Lunar Behemoth:

Land the most mass on the moon in a single launch; but there is a catch... once you are in LEO you can only use a single engine and no RCS thrusters to complete the mission and return to Earth (to be clear... your craft must have only 1 propulsion system onboard when you leave LEO).

Score is Landed mass on the Moon

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Largest SSTO to land on Mars (with Return)
Largest SSTO to land on Venus (with Return)

The whole craft must return (minus fuel + used parachutes of course).

Score: DryMass on return (so zero out your fuel before you do craft recovery).
Have you even attempted to a single stage to mars/Venus and back?

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
Have you even attempted to a single stage to mars/Venus and back?
Getting there... yes. Getting back... not yet successful but it should be doable.

Attempt #1
20220808132009_1.jpg

Attempt #2
20220808134250_1.jpg

Will try #3 later...

Last edited:

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
I was able to do it with a Buffed Engine - Stock Engines (Frontier) may be able to do with a redesign it but requires a lot more study/skill as the threshold of success is razor tight. So Its "doable" but you'd have to figure it out... that said... likely the larger the SSTO the easier it becomes as your are narrowing the "dead dry weight" of non-fuel tank items against more fuel for the trip.

Tips if you want to Try it:
1. You need to get to LEO for the trip as the ship is on the wrong side of earth to make the attempt directly (that or you need to get your ship to the far side of the planet for the best angle/position) - that would save fuel but its a long rover drive across the planet, that *should* make this a lot easier.
2. Mars is about 6000km perigee for best entery, you may need to "tap the breaks" at about 15% to ensure a soft landing just before you land... I found I was coming in a bit hot, even with additional parachutes.
3. If you wait until your facing behind the orbit of Mars you can 1 shot straight up back to earth... this is good as you minimize how much Martian atmosphere you need to traverse to reach space (attempting LMO will kill you every time).
4. Leave about 0.4% in the tank for orbital manuveurs to get to earth, expect to ride a few years out to get a close enough approach to nudge yourself into earth Atmosphere. You may need to aero-break the first pass depending on approach angle.
20220808211326_1.jpg

20220808211331_1.jpg

20220808203735_1.jpg

20220808204119_1.jpg

20220808204217_1.jpg

20220808204244_1.jpg
20220808204425_1.jpg

20220808211126_1.jpg

20220808211131_1.jpg
20220808211138_1.jpg

Last edited:

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
I was able to do it with a Buffed Engine - Stock Engines (Frontier) may be able to do with a redesign it but requires a lot more study/skill as the threshold of success is razor tight. So Its "doable" but you'd have to figure it out... that said... likely the larger the SSTO the easier it becomes as your are narrowing the "dead dry weight" of non-fuel tank items against more fuel for the trip.

Tips if you want to Try it:
1. You need to get to LEO for the trip as the ship is on the wrong side of earth to make the attempt directly (that or you need to get your ship to the far side of the planet for the best angle/position) - that would save fuel but its a long rover drive across the planet, that *should* make this a lot easier.
2. Mars is about 6000km perigee for best entery, you may need to "tap the breaks" at about 15% to ensure a soft landing just before you land... I found I was coming in a bit hot, even with additional parachutes.
3. If you wait until your facing behind the orbit of Mars you can 1 shot straight up back to earth... this is good as you minimize how much Martian atmosphere you need to traverse to reach space (attempting LMO will kill you every time).
4. Leave about 0.4% in the tank for orbital manuveurs to get to earth, expect to ride a few years out to get a close enough approach to nudge yourself into earth Atmosphere. You may need to aero-break the first pass depending on approach angle.
View attachment 89027
View attachment 89028
View attachment 89029
View attachment 89030
View attachment 89031
View attachment 89032 View attachment 89033
View attachment 89034
View attachment 89035 View attachment 89036
How buffed is it?

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
That's quite a mega buff, of course it worked. I'd go so far to say as it makes every other engine except Valiant redundant.