Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Hello,

Apparently you used parachutes to land your first stage. In this case you have to be able to replace them. Can you show how you proceed?
You don't have to redo everything, just showing that part will be fine.
Also be careful to the coherency of your screenshots, your first screenshots show a second stage powered by two Frontier engines then you have a Titan instead :)

Smokescreen501

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Hello,

Apparently you used parachutes to land your first stage. In this case you have to be able to replace them. Can you show how you proceed?
Also be careful to the coherency of your screenshots, your first screenshots show a second stage powered by two Frontier engines then you have a Titan instead :)
Oh crap I forgot I changed that for my later missions, that was a ss of a test flight, my bad! Also how would you like me to show how I launched the 2nd time? (I believe that I have the 2nd orbit and landing in the ss)

Last edited:

Hermes

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Hello,

Wait do you have to replace them? Could I just have bunch of parachutes and only use some for each landing?

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Wait do you have to replace them? Could I just have bunch of parachutes and only use some for each landing?
No, sorry. The idea is that the same rocket can be flown as many times as suited after the consumables have been replaced. We only ask to fly it twice to demonstrate the reusability concept, but it must theoretically be able to fly again after that.

Smokescreen501

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
No, sorry. The idea is that the same rocket can be flown as many times as suited after the consumables have been replaced. We only ask to fly it twice to demonstrate the reusability concept, but it must theoretically be able to fly again after that.
I have a quicksave of the flight but it is after I redocked everything (my second stage is reentering), would it be ok if I simply showed how I did it on the launch pad? If not that’s fine I can just redo it.

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
You can use no parachutes at all, so no replacement is needed. It will just cost a little more fuel to make landing without parachute.

Heat shields will cover for most of the speed during descent and only a little burning near the surface needed.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I have a quicksave of the flight but it is after I redocked everything (my second stage is reentering), would it be ok if I simply showed how I did it on the launch pad? If not that’s fine I can just redo it.
This is fine yes, make things simple for you :)