Solved Rocket keeps tipping over when I turn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,
My rocket keeps tipping over whenever I rotate it right a few degrees at 2000 meters (the rotation maneuver is used to get to orbit). My rocket looks like this:
1566080152461.png

Ideally, I'd like to keep the payload bay mechanism on the top (I only have the free version, and the free fairings are too small). Here is a screenshot of it tipping over:
1566080341489.png

I want it to just turn about 5-10 degrees right and stay that way, but it just keeps tipping over and then goes out of control, Even if I turn RCS on and hold the left key, the rocket still tips right rapidly. Any ideas?
Thanks!

Welcome to the Spaceflight Simulator Forum rustlang ! Thank you for registering with us and joining our great community.
That is a bug fixed in version 1.4. Update your game from google play or app store. If you are using the PC version, deal with it.

That sounds mean and disrespectful, right? I'm serious. The way you deal with it is by tilting more at a higher altitude and tilt less severely each turn. Good Luck.:)

Alright, the tilt at a higher altitude was the advice I needed. Will do, thanks!

EDIT: I tried tilting 5 degrees at 6000 meters.... still doesn't work. Maybe even higher or slower?
EDIT: Works, thanks!

Last edited:

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
Hello everyone,
My rocket keeps tipping over whenever I rotate it right a few degrees at 2000 meters (the rotation maneuver is used to get to orbit). My rocket looks like this:
View attachment 25595
Ideally, I'd like to keep the payload bay mechanism on the top (I only have the free version, and the free fairings are too small). Here is a screenshot of it tipping over:
View attachment 25596
I want it to just turn about 5-10 degrees right and stay that way, but it just keeps tipping over and then goes out of control, Even if I turn RCS on and hold the left key, the rocket still tips right rapidly. Any ideas?
Thanks!
My god, drag.

That thing has exposed structure parts, they produce a ton of drag and turbulence.
I would recommend making it way more streamlined

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
If you are using the PC version, deal with it.
If you look at the second screenshot you can clearly see he is on Windows 10.

rustlang The tilt is likely due to atmospheric drag. Since you're on PC, you can press T in the build menu to toggle the expansion on and off, since you can't buy it on the PC version.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Not just draaaaag, but off centre drag as well. I'll put money it's not so much an altitude thing, but a speed thing as well. Of you insist on all the outdoor parts, lower the TWR so it climbs slower and don't turn until you're at least 3km up and supersonic.

Welcome to the Spaceflight Simulator Forum rustlang ! Thank you for registering with us and joining our great community.
That is a bug fixed in version 1.4. Update your game from google play or app store. If you are using the PC version, deal with it.
I understand correctly, for Windows there is no version 1.3+?

One thing to note is that it will be $8-15 on Steam, but you get all of the things you'd normally have to pay for on the mobile version, like the Expansion and Skin Packs.
Forgive the moderators for spam, but in my opinion this game is worth the money. I will not regret even 30 if I can add my planets, and this can be done now (but not on iOS), so now I do not have enough patience. o_O

Hello everyone,
View attachment 25595
View attachment 25596
Thanks!
Add more Aerodynamic , it works

Status
Not open for further replies.