RP War Development Thread!?!?!?!?

Original idea from BANDWITH

Why don't we do a war around A specific planet?
But How to do this without Multiplayer?

This is what this thread is for.
Lore Development, Game Development, etc. is all welcome for discussion.

BANDWITH

Embodiment of Made In Abyss spoilers
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered
Original idea from BANDWITH

Why don't we do a war around A specific planet?
But How to do this without Multiplayer?

This is what this thread is for.
Lore Development, Game Development, etc. is all welcome for discussion.
For the so called “Saturn War” I am thinking of turn based action with dice and the likes, sort of similar to D&D. I don’t want to reveal much more than this due to the story and game being incomplete.

Sounds a lot like forum mafia... Which makes this entirely plausible. We'd need a GM to which everyone sends their actions (fleet movements, attacks, productions) and probably a game board (just a screenshot of the Solar system with the number of turns required to move one place to another and fuel requirements). We could implement something like Warhammer 40k's dice rolling system for damage and attacks. Use the mass of our creations as "unit materials cost" giving you so many points to distribute as HP, Damage, number of attacks and so on. Use how much fuel it burns to orbit the moon and back as it's movement fuel consumption...

The question is: how complicated do we want to make this?

BANDWITH

Embodiment of Made In Abyss spoilers
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered
Sounds a lot like forum mafia... Which makes this entirely plausible. We'd need a GM to which everyone sends their actions (fleet movements, attacks, productions) and probably a game board (just a screenshot of the Solar system with the number of turns required to move one place to another and fuel requirements). We could implement something like Warhammer 40k's dice rolling system for damage and attacks. Use the mass of our creations as "unit materials cost" giving you so many points to distribute as HP, Damage, number of attacks and so on. Use how much fuel it burns to orbit the moon and back as it's movement fuel consumption...

The question is: how complicated do we want to make this?
Ah, useful.

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
For the so called “Saturn War” I am thinking of turn based action with dice and the likes, sort of similar to D&D. I don’t want to reveal much more than this due to the story and game being incomplete.
Oh... Great... Saturn...

What if we host it on discord with bots that automatically put out messages on where a ship is. And when 2 ships intersect in an area a bot sends you a dm with the message of Engage? A ship is in your area.