RSS Mars mission

Probably such challenge already exists, but nevertheless, I would like to post it.
Description: You need to build a ship that can reach Mars in RSS (Spaceflight Simulator Real Solar System (SFS RSS) V0.1).
Strict conditions:
1. Main parts of your ship (side boosters or 0 stage, 1 stage, payload) should be fully reusable. So they need to take off, work, undock and then successfully land on Earth of Mars.
2. No parachutes are allowed. All parts must land by reactive braking. You can equip parachutes, but after landing you will need to show them in stages (that they are unused).
3. Your full ship (including all parts) should not exceed 36 points in width and 160 points in height (if I am not mistaken, this is the exact size of big field in mobile version, so I advise you not use infinite field).
4. Payload (that lands on Mars) should be >= 500 tons. You will need to demonstrate it in a separate photo (building mode).
Presentation: You need to demonstrate all your parts in building mode separately and together (complete ship). Also you need to upload bp of all of your parts and a complete ship, so others could test it and modify. You need to show photos with each of the main parts landed, showing remaining amount of fuel and unused stages. You can add additional details (text description and etc.) on your own. Cheating is prohibited (except for parts clipping).
Additions: You can modify blueprints, so you are able to create your own details based on standard ones. Also you can use approved customized details (Custom Parts), but if you play on PC, once again, check sizes of you complete ship (better test it yourself on mobile after building).
Indulgences: If you can not land your ships without parachutes, you may use them, but additionally you will need to download a photo in building mode with stage with parachutes.
Perfect presentation: What can be better than a video? I think nothing, so you can try (I do not know is it possible to upload here such big files, probably archived version will be okay) to upload a video from your screen on which:
1. You separately show all your parts.
2. You build your ship by importing your parts into a single plan and setting up stages.
3. You record your flight from takeoff to the land of last of your parts.
Also you will need to download all of your bp as said in Presentation.

N2O4

Modder
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Okay, but did you complete this mission yourself?

Probably such challenge already exists, but nevertheless, I would like to post it.
Description: You need to build a ship that can reach Mars in RSS (Spaceflight Simulator Real Solar System (SFS RSS) V0.1).
Strict conditions:
1. Main parts of your ship (side boosters or 0 stage, 1 stage, payload) should be fully reusable. So they need to take off, work, undock and then successfully land on Earth of Mars.
2. No parachutes are allowed. All parts must land by reactive braking. You can equip parachutes, but after landing you will need to show them in stages (that they are unused).
3. Your full ship (including all parts) should not exceed 36 points in width and 160 points in height (if I am not mistaken, this is the exact size of big field in mobile version, so I advise you not use infinite field).
4. Payload (that lands on Mars) should be >= 500 tons. You will need to demonstrate it in a separate photo (building mode).
Presentation: You need to demonstrate all your parts in building mode separately and together (complete ship). Also you need to upload bp of all of your parts and a complete ship, so others could test it and modify. You need to show photos with each of the main parts landed, showing remaining amount of fuel and unused stages. You can add additional details (text description and etc.) on your own. Cheating is prohibited (except for parts clipping).
Additions: You can modify blueprints, so you are able to create your own details based on standard ones. Also you can use approved customized details (Custom Parts), but if you play on PC, once again, check sizes of you complete ship (better test it yourself on mobile after building).
Indulgences: If you can not land your ships without parachutes, you may use them, but additionally you will need to download a photo in building mode with stage with parachutes.
Perfect presentation: What can be better than a video? I think nothing, so you can try (I do not know is it possible to upload here such big files, probably archived version will be okay) to upload a video from your screen on which:
2. You build your ship by importing your parts into a single plan and setting up stages.
Additional comments:
1. Your payload should be >= 500 tons at the start, so you should not land exactly 500 tons on Mars. To make it clear, dry mass of your payload should be >= 60 tons (you can upload demonstrating photo, if you want). So try to satisfy both of this conditions.
2. Your complete ship should consist of at least 2 parts of Main details.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
You'll have a hard time with that challenge. I know I'm already happy when I manage to send 120 tons in LEO using IRIS, so 500 tons in realistic... I don't even know how you would do that without infinite build and with a single ship (as your wording implies it must be a single launch mission). I wish you good luck with that.

You'll have a hard time with that challenge. I know I'm already happy when I manage to send 120 tons in LEO using IRIS, so 500 tons in realistic... I don't even know how you would do that without infinite build and with a single ship (as your wording implies it must be a single launch mission). I wish you good luck with that.
Do you use chemical engines or ION?

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Oh, if you're using ion you can do anything.:rolleyes:
At the moment they are very broken.

Oh, if you're using ion you can do anything.:rolleyes:
At the moment they are very broken.
Yes, but the problem is that ips for other engines, compared to real ones, are lower (but for some thrust is higher). So it is difficult to create something realistic, with a little difference from reality in numbers (but probably I did not try a lot :D).

Strict conditions:
So finally my mission is ready. Here is the video:
Despite the poor quality, main details are clearly seen. Also upload blueprints.

Attachments

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Do you use chemical engines or ION?
Chemical engines. Even ion engines wouldn't help much to send 500 tons to orbit.

If you use stretched ions that changes everything of course. To be honest I generally assume that no cheats are allowed for challenges. Even yourself you put a lot of restrictions (rockets has to fit into a X×Y box, no parachute...), I didn't expect stretched ions to be allowed.

This put apart I must say it's a good mission.

Chemical engines. Even ion engines wouldn't help much to send 500 tons to orbit.

If you use stretched ions that changes everything of course. To be honest I generally assume that no cheats are allowed for challenges. Even yourself you put a lot of restrictions (rockets has to fit into a X×Y box, no parachute...), I didn't expect stretched ions to be allowed.

This put apart I must say it's a good mission.
Thank you very much for your reply. I’m trying now do develop ship without usage of ION, but it is rather more difficult, mainly due to the worse performance of these engines compared to real one. But if I solve this problem, I will share my mission and probably modify restrictions ;)