Run around the solar system

This is a contest for the winner title and the winner will also be shouted out in the next two posts

rules
-cheats are allowed
-borrowed rockets are allowed
-the max rocket weight is 1000 tons
-thrust is unlimited
-show the proof you had a tour around the solar system

missions
-go around the solar system and safely return to earth
- you have to enter the sphere influence of every planet (even if you dont have the expansion pack you can do this mission)
-when you come back home (earth) show the flight log to prove you did it

good luck everyone and this will be a fun experience for all of yall ppl

*please do this challenge or do something about this bc this is my first thing to do like this ever*

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Moved to Missions and challenges. The official missions and contests section are for events organized by the staff.

The challenge in itself is a good idea (though allowing all cheats defeats the purpose of the challenge in my opinion), but we have as a general rule that if you post a challenge you have to do it yourself first.

Moved to Missions and challenges. The official missions and contests section are for events organized by the staff.

The challenge in itself is a good idea (though allowing all cheats defeats the purpose of the challenge in my opinion), but we have as a general rule that if you post a challenge you have to do it yourself first.
Ohhhh hell

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I dont have cheats ): ,can you please just let it slide, beg you
If you can't do it we won't force you, there's no obligation. But people might not take your challenge in serious then.
It's doable without cheat however, this is not that hard.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Already did loooong ago: A less boring challenge
This was still under SFS 1.4. As you can see it needed only a very basic rocket, which mass was 57 tons, way below your 1000 tons limit.
Maybe it would be a little more difficult today, but still largely doable.
See, I did it myself, that's how I can prove it's doable before asking others to do it.

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Alright, So i did it, made a rocket, around 800 tons, here was my path, Earth -> mars -> jupiter -> venus -> mercury -> earth
I was able to get all the way to venus before i had to use my ion stage and do a long ion burn at 25x physics timewarp. For some reason it didn't count like any of my achievements but since cheating is allowed anyways and i didn't cheat i think it evens out. Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 08.46.22.png Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 08.48.51.png Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 08.51.05.png Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 09.06.41.png Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 09.08.11.png Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 09.09.38.png Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 09.09.59.png .
Here is a rocket link to verify that it works: (probably uses dlc and maybe a texture pack) Rocket Link

Axiom

He who asks ten thousand questions
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Small question, if only staff are supposed to post in Official Missions and challenges why is it open for anyone to post there?

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Small question, if only staff are supposed to post in Official Missions and challenges why is it open for anyone to post there?
Because the modern forum can be a bit of a mess, like why can't anyone post in the tutorials section? Nobody knows.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Good question... We would have to ask the guy who did that mess, but he's unreachable today.