Saturn V Rocket

Not a bad Saturn V, dude. In fact, very close to the real one. Do you exit and resume the game before launching, or just load, launch and up we go?
exit the game, turn off gravity and fly the top stage to the rest of the rocket using rcs (detatch top stage from platform first)

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
exit the game, turn off gravity and fly the top stage to the rest of the rocket using rcs (detatch top stage from platform first)
What I wanted to check was if you were fighting the real atmospheric drag. When you launch a rocket is originally disabled, but if you exit, then resume the game, is activated.

So you mean, this rocket is in't originally one piece, is assembled on the launchpad?

What I wanted to check was if you were fighting the real atmospheric drag. When you launch a rocket is originally disabled, but if you exit, then resume the game, is activated.

So you mean, this rocket is in't originally one piece, is assembled on the launchpad?
yes. download the blueprint and you'll see what i mean.

T

TtTOtW

It's a pretty neat design. A very tiny bit on the skinny side but very well done.

Not a bad Saturn V, dude. In fact, very close to the real one. Do you exit and resume the game before launching, or just load, launch and up we go?
sorry, just realized what you meant! no, you dont have to turn off atmospheric drag, its capable of lifting off on its own.

T

TtTOtW

sorry, just realized what you meant! no, you dont have to turn off atmospheric drag, its capable of lifting off on its own.
In fact, he meant quite the opposite. Let me explain.

Aerodynamics in 1.4 is bugged out. When your rocket appears on screen after the build menu, drag is deactivated. Even if you don't have the cheat on...

... So: to actually have aero and drag in your game, you need to EXIT to the main menu and then RESUME GAME. Then drag and aerodynamics are active. Try it with and without exit and resume. You'll immediately notice the difference. Even at 1km altitude you will already see a significant difference in speed with the same rocket. That speed difference is because of the presence of air resistance vs. its absence.

I believe that because you exit and resume to activate and deactivate no gravity, it also has the effect of activating your aero, though not by intention. Always exit and resume with any rocket. Whether you have settings to change or not. Or else whatever the rocket seems to be capable of will just be a big lie.

T

The Dark in the Light

Always exit and resume with any rocket.
So if I open the game, hit build new rocket, build/load the rocket, hit launch button, exit and resume and launch rocket. Then, when I'm finished with that rocket, I hit back to build and load another one, do I exit and resume again?