Saturn V Rocket

No, he made a Saturn V. And can place any fairing he pleases onto it.

And the differences between what you continue to bleat on about and the actual covers on a Apollo Saturn V are so minimal that no one even cares.

I genuinely can not wait for your builds Space pilot. After all this hype you've made up with yours and constant whining about minor details on otherwise perfectly good rockets, it'd be really embarrassing if yours weren't accurate down to the half metre.
Yo I think he did. There is this old chinese saying:

Too mucheh hyperu, means its shiteru

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Space pilot That debate about fairings or fins already lasted too much. Other members have shown a lot of patience, but they are clearly starting to be pissed now. Everything that needed to be said has been said several times, there's no point in continuing that debate, so I'll ask you to stop now.

apollo209 posted a very well done Saturn V replica, you may also consider appreciating what's accurate.

T

TtTOtW

Now three people are going against me because they burn......
Who's the person here making a fool of himself? Give us your Saturn V or shut up. Otherwise you may get shut up agains your will. I give you one last chance: POST YOUR ROCKET. You'll regret if you don't and still keep talking.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
You shut up I said aaaaaaaffffffftttttteeeeeerrrrrr 23 mmmmmmaaaaaaarrrrrrccccchhhhh
Said it once, and I'll say it again. Stop screetching like a petulant child. We're aware (and completely uninterested) about your examination and timeline.
Until you put something worthwhile here, we're not going to take you seriously as you're coming across like a bit of a dick and managing to single handed piss off a pretty paid back bunch of guys with your attitude.

When you're able to, we don't care. What we do want though is you to stop acting like a princess or you're going to be talking by yourself very quickly.

TtTOtW, for the sake of peace here as he won't stop cos ego, probably be worth trimming (but not closing this thread) from the 8th post downwards as it's kinda ruined it for the OP and it's a bit of shame.

Space pilot That debate about fairings or fins already lasted too much. Other members have shown a lot of patience, but they are clearly starting to be pissed now. Everything that needed to be said has been said several times, there's no point in continuing that debate, so I'll ask you to stop now.

apollo209 posted a very well done Saturn V replica, you may also consider appreciating what's accurate.
thank you

T

TtTOtW

I'm having a bit of trouble getting a lander fitted in a 1:2 scale replica. Will post when I have a working design.

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Yup. Here's my most recent pic of it.
View attachment 34532
We have a real one here too, not a flight one, but the dynamic stress tester. It's inside a building right next to the mockup.
The mockup of the Saturn V in Huntsville is extremely impressive. Seeing it in person was really something. It is also cool to see the one they got inside the space center up close and be right under it.

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
The mockup of the Saturn V in Huntsville is extremely impressive. Seeing it in person was really something. It is also cool to see the one they got inside the space center up close and be right under it.
Yeah, really. I honestly wish they'd get some better stuff there though, it's honestly kind of annoying how touristy the place feels.

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
I'm saying you don't know what you are talking about.

You point at a model of a Saturn V to prove your point, which is directly contradicted by the actual photo of a real Saturn V being transported from the VAB for launch which you yourself placed right next to it.

The fins on the base of Saturn V are white or black depending on where you view the rocket from.

I'll put that for you in a different way so there's even less ambiguity.

If you stand on one side of Saturn V, you'll see white fins. If you stand on the otherside, you'll see black fins. If you stand somewhere else you'll see white and black fins.

This isn't a hard concept to grasp. It's paint. If you knew what you were talking about, you'd be less bothered about the fin paint scheme and more worried about the fin shape.

And I don't even want to get into the payload debacle again. There are so many variants of Saturn V (and i mean Saturn V, not IB or anything like that) with different payloads, engines, stack sizes etc that it'd melt your mind. Most of them couldn't even fit in the VAB at Kennedy. They had ones planned that were fitted with SRBs, F-1s powered with new fuel types and they only reason they never got round to adding them was because the US sacked heavy lift completely after the Apollo program finished. They even had 2 flight ready Saturn Vs ready to go that never flew. All they needed was fuel and a crew.

Space pilot, no one minds having their builds critiqued. That's the whole point, it's the only way improvements happen. But you have to do it from a position of absolute subject matter knowledge.
I don't comment on, critique or build real rockets, never have done, never will do. Not because I'm shy (faaaar from it), but because, with the exception of Saturn V and STS, I know fuck all about them. I wouldn't know a Proton from an Ariane if you beat me over the head with them.
That's why people here ping Cosmo for his viewpoints on a build. He's not subtle and certainly doesn't spare anyones feelings but he knows his shit, and he'll say something like 'that SLS is too wide and has the wrong engines you retard, swap them for liquid fuel engines and make the core tanks 1.5m narrower or use fairings to make the bottom taper inwards properly'.
And he'll say that after actually looking at your build and comparing it every type of SLS, measuring the height and width to see which one yours is closest to. Or if it more resembles a D IV or a Falcon Heavy.
And you'll accept it cos he's right and either you change it or go home and sulk.

So again. Go back. Do your research. There's so much data online about it, and if nothing else it's utterly fascinating reading. Understand exactly what Saturn V actually is first (it's so soo sooo much more than the Apollo delivery vehicle), and then come back and tell people the fins are the wrong colour.
To be fair the Apollo program wasn't finished it was cancelled after public support flatlined. The argument being we went to the moon and beat the Russians why go back?