Saving Fred

BANDWITH

Embodiment of Made In Abyss spoilers
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered
In a recent Mars mission by PRI, Fred, a geologist, got stuck on the surface of Mars with about two tons of schnitzels cooked by the space toaster. He needs to be saved immediately, because of the whole '55mg of Cholesterol per piece', so he would die of heart failure before he ran out of schnitzels, and we don't want to pay for his medical bills.

Here is his situation:
Screenshot_20190621-093404.png

He's a bit East of Olympus Mons.

Good luck!

Requirements:
Return Fred and the capsule he is in.

How to set up the mission:
  1. Download the .qks file (Saving Fred) attached to this post.
  2. Move the file from 'downloads' into 'android' (which you get to by tapping on the name of your device) then data, then com.Stefmorojna, then files, saving, worlds, main, and then deposit it in Quicksaves.
  3. Open Spaceflight Simulator, and load the save, and you should see a scene like the picture above. Unless you messed around with the terrain of Mars.
Have fun not killing Fred!

Attachments

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Funny. Fred could just walk a few Km to my Mars base. (also located just east of Olympus Mons) :p

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
The top is a fun place. Every once and a while I see how many spent boosters I can land. :)
Personally I choosed the top because Its too high and its very easy to reach orbit from there. I always land on Mars with engines, So I don't care been unable to use parachutes...

I also like the idea of "the highest surface base on the Solar System" :D

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Okay, I saved Private Fred, and I didn't lose any member from my squad!

I sent the SCV Hakuren. Straight to Mars, no refueling:
Screenshot_20190621-174338.png
Screenshot_20190621-174716.png
Screenshot_20190621-175516.png

Time to Deploy the Rescue Rover (I also brought a drone)
Screenshot_20190621-175701.png

And land next to Fred:
Screenshot_20190621-181433.png

But it was night-time and my Rover used Solar Panels... :( Fred had to wait till the day to be rescued...

I used the right landing leg as a lever to push Fred's capsule up:
Screenshot_20190621-181646.png

Now to hover to catch Fred's capsule and back to Space!
Screenshot_20190621-182926.png
Screenshot_20190621-183015.png

(I never went to Phobos. That's probably something BANDWITH was doing before crashing the ship)

Now back to the SCV and using the drone to dock!
Screenshot_20190621-183828.png

And from there to Earth. Mission Completed
Screenshot_20190621-184410.png
Screenshot_20190621-184433.png

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
I'm gonna be using Unboumd for this mission. This'll be interesting.

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
I'm on iOS, is it alright if I just strand a identical capsule east of Olympus mons and then rescue that?

In a recent Mars mission by PRI, Fred, a geologist, got stuck on the surface of Mars with about two tons of schnitzels cooked by the space toaster. He needs to be saved immediately, because of the whole '55mg of Cholesterol per piece', so he would die of heart failure before he ran out of schnitzels, and we don't want to pay for his medical bills.

Here is his situation:
View attachment 21561
He's a bit East of Olympus Mons.

Good luck!

Requirements:
Return Fred and the capsule he is in.

How to set up the mission:
  1. Download the .qks file (Saving Fred) attached to this post.
  2. Move the file from 'downloads' into 'android' (which you get to by tapping on the name of your device) then data, then com.Stefmorojna, then files, saving, worlds, main, and then deposit it in Quicksaves.
  3. Open Spaceflight Simulator, and load the save, and you should see a scene like the picture above. Unless you messed around with the terrain of Mars.
Have fun not killing Fred!
If Fred turns out to be that annoying screaming dipshit Youtuber, I'm sending a JDAM instead.

T

TtTOtW

Okay, I saved Private Fred, and I didn't lose any member from my squad!

I sent the SCV Hakuren. Straight to Mars, no refueling: View attachment 21591 View attachment 21593 View attachment 21594
Time to Deploy the Rescue Rover (I also brought a drone) View attachment 21595
And land next to Fred: View attachment 21596
But it was night-time and my Rover used Solar Panels... :( Fred had to wait till the day to be rescued...

I used the right landing leg as a lever to push Fred's capsule up: View attachment 21597
Now to hover to catch Fred's capsule and back to Space! View attachment 21598 View attachment 21599
(I never went to Phobos. That's probably something BANDWITH was doing before crashing the ship)

Now back to the SCV and using the drone to dock! View attachment 21600
And from there to Earth. Mission Completed View attachment 21601 View attachment 21602
I had forgotten how cute original Hakuren looked! Awwww...