Separation Motor

Today challenge is to make a separation motor like Soyuz have to separate its booster.
Rules:
no cheats
No DLC
must be made in sfs 1.5 not sfs 1.4
should be able to fit on any size of booster.
I will post my one speration motor on 2 pm 16/6/2020

T

TtTOtW

Today challenge is to make a separation motor like Soyuz have to separate its booster.
Rules:
no cheats
No DLC
Ok, I'll wait and post mine after you.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Rules:
no cheats
No DLC
A challenge to create a sideways firing engine set up to push away larger boosters?
Not sure what difficulty this would be to achieve as a 'challenge'. Build booster, rotate small engine 90 degrees, install on booster, add fuel.
Done.

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Why no DLC? I'm always kind of confused with that rule.

T

TtTOtW

Yeah no I'll just wait to see his.

... Most of these new guys really take us for a bunch of 4th graders.

A challenge to create a sideways firing engine set up to push away larger boosters?
Not sure what difficulty this would be to achieve as a 'challenge'. Build booster, rotate small engine 90 degrees, install on booster, add fuel.
Done.
its need small engine and in sfs there is only one small engine that is ion ant it is in DLC. so it we need to make a space for korbial engine so it can be a little hard

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
its need small engine and in sfs there is only one small engine that is ion ant it is in DLC. so it we need to make a space for korbial engine so it can be a little hard
No, it really, really really isn't hard. In fact, it's easier than it was before because engines can draw from the side of tanks, so you don't even need to rotate a fuel tank to feed it. You just stick an engine to the side of the booster and voila.

I'm curious though. You don't have the DLC. So the boosters you're going to be using are going to be tiny. I don't get why you even need separation motors installed.
Even a single Kolibri engine is going to be too powerful, unless each individual booster is going to be in excess of 200tons.
I know what you are trying to do, a Korolev Cross on a base game Soyuz. Which is a neat idea, except this isn't KSP and the small motors required to do one properly with a booster set that small just isn't gonna work.

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Why do I have a feeling he is just trying to get us to build one for him?

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Maybe the fact that it's past the 2pm deadline?
(Not if he lives in the Americas or even farther west, though. Just covering my bum. :p)

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Why do I have a feeling he is just trying to get us to build one for him?
I don't think it's that. It's too simple a thing. And even if we did, what we build may not work on his craft. Like I could show him the separation engines from the external tank on the mark V Excaliber. They're base game, non-blueprint edited.
But they're hawk clusters cos the ET weighs well over 350tons empty and won't be suitable for whatever he makes under base game conditions.

if you don't want to share your one than not share I can make mine ok
Dude. Like I'm not sure what different systems you are expecting here. The challenge isn't a challenge. Everyone's booster separation engine set up looks exactly the same. Place engine sideways onto booster. Ignite and separate.
Excuse the pun, but it's not rocket science.

Especially within such narrow constraints as you've set.

Rules:
no cheats
No DLC
How about this ?
It is movable and better than yours imo.

IMG_20210426_205833.jpg

IMG_20210426_210412.jpg

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Ik it's a long dead thread but I was just looking for a simple, not hard thing to do and found this and just presented what I did. You missed “...imo”.
Yeah, he wasn't looking for a method of it being wheeled away on the ground.

He's looking for ideas for powered booster separation in flight. Not withstanding the entire premise you propose is one draggy mess, how are wheels going to facilitate that when it's several thousand metres off the ground!?
Simple, not hard and you still managed to get it wrong.
and so I don't appear offensive, deploy get out of jail free card
...imo...

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
It's ok to reply to a thread if you contribute to it :)
But I'm not sure this would work better than what wonder gaming proposes: how would you fire the RCS once the boosters are separated? The purpose is to push them aside in flight.

It's ok to reply to a thread if you contribute to it :)
But I'm not sure this would work better than what wonder gaming proposes: how would you fire the RCS once the boosters are separated? The purpose is to push them aside in flight.
I have clipped the capsule in each booster.

Yeah, he wasn't looking for a method of it being wheeled away on the ground.

He's looking for ideas for powered booster separation in flight. Not withstanding the entire premise you propose is one draggy mess, how are wheels going to facilitate that when it's several thousand metres off the ground!?
Simple, not hard and you still managed to get it wrong.
and so I don't appear offensive, deploy get out of jail free card
...imo...
No i mean he didn't show it himself so I did how he did it. :)