SFS Forums' General News!

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Hello there, everyone!

Soooooo, I wanted to annouce something, but I didn't want to make a whole new thread specifically for it, since is not really that important... Is more like a notification than an announcement.

So I created this thread where we'll post anything that the community deserves to know, but isn't quite big enough to get its own thread.

Anyway, the point is that Gecko Gekkota found a way to make all new users receive a DM with a link to the TOS, Rules and FAQ. Basically she created a welcome bot, that will automatically send a welcome message to all new users as soon as they confirm their accounts.

This bot is Jim The Welcome Bot.

This means that there's really no need to send them the links via profile post, as we all been doing. Obviously, you can welcome all new users if you want, but the link to the Terms of Service/Forum Rules and FAQ is really not necessary anymore.

That's it. Have a nice day. :)

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Hello there, everyone!

Soooooo, I wanted to annouce something, but I didn't want to make a whole new thread specifically for it, since is not really that important... Is more like a notification than an announcement.

So I created this thread where we'll post anything that the community deserves to know, but it doesn't deserve it's own unique thread.

Anyway, the point is that Gecko Gekkota found a way to make all new users receive a DM with a link to the TOS, Rules and FAQ. Basically she created a welcome bot, that will automatically send a welcome message to all new users as soon as they confirm their accounts.

This bot is Jim The Welcome Bot.

This means that there's really no need to send them the links via profile post, as we all been doing. Obviously, you can welcome all new users if you want, but the link to the Terms of Service/Forum Rules and FAQ is really not necessary anymore.

That's it. Have a nice day. :)
download (2).jpeg

Octacorpus

Parrots lover
Team Judge
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
this is too amzng

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Great! Now Mars and you don't have to waste time to welcome anyone now!

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
Anyway, the point is that @Gecko Gekkota found a way to make all new users receive a DM with a link to the TOS, Rules and FAQ. Basically she created a welcome bot, that will automatically send a welcome message to all new users as soon as they confirm their accounts.
This Jim's a little shy in groups, but always happy to welcome a new face. By all accounts he was a little lonely back in his reality

Gecko, I changed it a little;)
Looks more like a welcome message now, I'm sure Jim'll be able to follow the new script with ease

Great! Now Mars and you don't have to waste time to welcome anyone now!
That was one of the main drives behind this, it's tedious work that requires catching every newcomer. Now there's no need to worry

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
To all Team Frontier users:

I've increased the amount of lines you can put in your signature to 8, and the amount of printable characters to 80.

That is all. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Renamed Space//Rocketry//Aviation to Aerospace & Technology, to visible broaden its scope.