SFS on PC

Why don't we have It yet?
I heard that it was supposed to be ported to steam, has this been canceled? did I perhaps miss it being uploaded onto itch.io or something?

SFS's identity
I think stef wants a unified mobile based experience on all platforms (based on how he reacted to the question of smoke)
PC exclusive features are treated as rarity
It seems like stefo wants a unified experience for all platforms.
This sounds great until you realise some of the possibilities on PC and I do not want to see the game dumbed down for PC.
Where is sfs even going to head in the nearby future? More parts? Campaign? I Suspect the people who cant motivate themselves to be overly creative have a hard time building stuff by now, the fun is still here but people need to find it and some sort of goals might help a part of the players to not just leave feeling like they've seen all the game can offer.

Why PC master Race is the best (PC ideas)
sfs is at this point often thought of as Kerbal Space Programe in 2D and I find this both good and bad
Having your game be called a "worse" "less deep" version of an existing game is not great.
Stef can take inspiration from KSP and do a few things radically different to give the game some spice.
  • Dual view for both map and craft view. (should be able to split between two monitors)
  • Some fancy particles and light physics and stuff
  • Having a craft sharing menu or website which is functional
  • Easier modding and easier regular edits like planets and textures
  • Quicker everything with keyboard shortcuts
  • That slick UI look that the SFS team may or may not currently be trying to achieve
  • to be continued later check back for edits

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
Why don't we have It yet?
I heard that it was supposed to be ported to steam, has this been canceled? did I perhaps miss it being uploaded onto itch.io or something?

SFS's identity
I think stef wants a unified mobile based experience on all platforms (based on how he reacted to the question of smoke)
PC exclusive features are treated as rarity
It seems like stefo wants a unified experience for all platforms.
This sounds great until you realise some of the possibilities on PC and I do not want to see the game dumbed down for PC.
Where is sfs even going to head in the nearby future? More parts? Campaign? I Suspect the people who cant motivate themselves to be overly creative have a hard time building stuff by now, the fun is still here but people need to find it and some sort of goals might help a part of the players to not just leave feeling like they've seen all the game can offer.

Why PC master Race is the best (PC ideas)
sfs is at this point often thought of as Kerbal Space Programe in 2D and I find this both good and bad
Having your game be called a "worse" "less deep" version of an existing game is not great.
Stef can take inspiration from KSP and do a few things radically different to give the game some spice.
  • Dual view for both map and craft view. (should be able to split between two monitors)
  • Some fancy particles and light physics and stuff
  • Having a craft sharing menu or website which is functional
  • Easier modding and easier regular edits like planets and textures
  • Quicker everything with keyboard shortcuts
  • That slick UI look that the SFS team may or may not currently be trying to achieve
  • to be continued later check back for edits
PC version of sfs IS being done. You need to be patient. Stef want to do it on Steam if I’m correct

PC version of sfs IS being done. You need to be patient. Stef want to do it on Steam if I’m correct
I've a feeling that my hype was justified
It was stated somewhere that 1.4 will come to steam.
I do agree that a rushed game will always have problems.But as a part of that
PC MASTER RACE
And with a preference to sit comfortably
For the time it takes me to make whatever crazy station I think off
I just can't wait

What is your guys opinion on the difference between sfs versions?
Should they all be the same, similar or maybe a PC mobile split?

T

TtTOtW

PC will always have advantages but you talk of a PC PORT. Stef is NOT porting. He is rebuilding it from scratch FOR PC. It will essentially look and feel the same. But it will come as a full paid version on steam, no "free base game" option.

Other than that, your input above is very helpful, thank you.

PC will always have advantages but you talk of a PC PORT. Stef is NOT porting. He is rebuilding it from scratch FOR PC. It will essentially look and feel the same. But it will come as a full paid version on steam, no "free base game" option.

Other than that, your input above is very helpful, thank you.
I was aware it was going to be better than
Most of what we had so far on PC but
Being remade from scratch, didn't expect that.
Im back to the forum after a 3month break
This time I hope to post more quality content
Now we've talked about sfs on PC
But will it come to the switch (or really any other platforms)

TtLtS

Registered
so i can still try on every version except 1.3. Were on mobile you need to downgrade it and lose every thing. I think?

T

TtTOtW

I was aware it was going to be better than
Most of what we had so far on PC but
Being remade from scratch, didn't expect that.
Im back to the forum after a 3month break
This time I hope to post more quality content
Now we've talked about sfs on PC
But will it come to the switch (or really any other platforms)
Eventually, that's the plan anyway.