sfs should have Orbital decay

Orbital decay is a gradual decrease of the distance between two orbiting bodies i think sfs should have this so you,d have to maintain the orbit of your satellites/ space stations

The epic chicken

Grim Reaper
Asteroid Contest Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Orbital decay is a gradual decrease of the distance between two orbiting bodies i think sfs should have this so you,d have to maintain the orbit of your satellites/ space stations
I used to think it did, cos my old space station randomly lost orbit height, turns out that was because it was very close to the atmosphere

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
I don't think so, it would be extremely frustrating for most players. Imagine doing a really long mission that requires your attention a lot, and your beautiful space station that you spent hours on deorbits because you forgot to redo its orbit between long Interstellar time warps. You'd have to either sacrifice your station or the work you did since the last quick save before your SS deorbited. Lost work either way.
That's just one possible scenario, probably most players would suffer cause not many have the attention span, patience and will to keep all of their satellites in orbit.
I think if stef implemented it, player backlash would be so huge he'd have to revert it. The SFS player base has already proven itself to handle anything that makes the game harder for them extremely badly, look at when stef wanted to fix part clipping.
Sacrificing overall good gameplay experience for a small increase isn't usually a good idea, also this is SFS not KSP RO. It could be a steam mod for sure though.

Orion belt inc

TEAM HAWK
Under Pressure
Registered
I don't think so, it would be extremely frustrating for most players. Imagine doing a really long mission that requires your attention a lot, and your beautiful space station that you spent hours on deorbits because you forgot to redo its orbit between long Interstellar time warps. You'd have to either sacrifice your station or the work you did since the last quick save before your SS deorbited. Lost work either way.
That's just one possible scenario, probably most players would suffer cause not many have the attention span, patience and will to keep all of their satellites in orbit.
I think if stef implemented it, player backlash would be so huge he'd have to revert it. The SFS player base has already proven itself to handle anything that makes the game harder for them extremely badly, look at when stef wanted to fix part clipping.
Sacrificing overall good gameplay experience for a small increase isn't usually a good idea, also this is SFS not KSP RO. It could be a steam mod for sure though.
Mabby it chould be a setting

T

TtTOtW

It deteriorates. It goes lower. And lower... Very slowly until you eventually deorbit without doing anything.