sfsml for sfs 1.4.06 discussion

Jupiter

the biggest planet in the solar system.
Registered
as you know, the sfsml is not available for the current version, the 1.4.06, so i wanted to open this discussion to see if some modder can make it, i know that the .apk file is actually a compressed folder, so i decided to unzip it and see what is inside, and i saw that there is a Assembly-CSharp.dll file, so i said, what if it is the same file that comes in the pc game? so in fact, it should be, so i want to some modder to see what is inside that .dll file and copy the files that comes in the Assembly-CSharp file of the sfsml, and have the mod loader in the 1.4, i really want and need it because all my spaceships and space stations are made with mods, such as the ezy orbit mod and the most important is the bigger grid mod, i know how to make textures for sfs and i saw that they are also shared assets files inside the .apk, so in fact, if we install the mod where you can change your textures, we have a fully customizable sfs 1.4!!! so i really want it and need it, if someone know how to edit .dll files, please post everything what you need and all your process here

Jupiter

Registered
I think, you need to send the Assembly-Csharp.dll via Dropbox or Google Drive to your laptop and use dnSpy to extract and do what you want.:)
i already have the file opened in dnspy, and i decompiled everything, with the sfsml 1.35 as base, i know that i need to make a new assembly inside the dll, but thats the thing... idk how to make it or copy it directly from the assembly-Csharp-dll of the 1.35

JMteam09 (Jordi vd Molen)

Staff member
Owner
Fulltime Developer
Team Valiant
Team Kolibri
There is no manual for what you want to do.
If you want to implement a modloader the main problem will be hooking up events.
You need to know where the game code is that executes a particular function and create events for them.
Without events its very difficult to modify a game.
Also decompiling with dnSpy gives some wierd 'bugs'.
It can't decompile everything perfectly.

But if someone is up for the challange i can help/collaborate.

T

TtTOtW

If you want to implement a modloader the main problem will be hooking up events.
You need to know where the game code is that executes a particular function and create events for them.

Jordi... basics? I have a couple of ideas.

Jupiter

Registered

im up for the challenge. thats why i openen the thread and im decided to make SFSML 1.4 for the community, ik that you're gonna make most of the process because i dont really know too much about the topic, but i would really like to help with the development of the SFSML / A