Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Waaaah that twr... You should remove two thirds of these engines, and you could send a lot more to the moon.

Alecs

Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
He
Do you have any evidence of what you are saying?
He is right I actually stole it as you see in the title "(inspired)" I just tried to make it better and weird

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
He

He is right I actually stole it as you see in the title "(inspired)" I just tried to make it better and weird
Ideally it's better to say on whose build it's based on. Not necessarily in the title though.

T

TtTOtW

He

:) That rocket's crazy alright. So whose base is it, it's nice. The rocket is definitely a modern version of Horus Lupercal's old Titan Rocket :p. Yeah, drop ⅔ of those engines. It'll go a LOT farther.

Let me put it this way: have you ever stuck your head out of the window of a car moving at 200km/h (122mph)? That's 55.5m/s... The speeds the rocket reaches with this amount of thrust will a) tear the rocket apart, b) kill the crew (with acceleration) and c) likely spend 9 times more fuel than necessary. Yes: NINE TIMES.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
The rocket is definitely a modern version of @Horus Lupercal's old Titan Rocket
Ha! Man took one look at my Titan and thought to himself 'only 2 engines per booster? I thought you were good at this game?!'

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Ha! Man took one look at my Titan and thought to himself 'only 2 engines per booster? I thought you were good at this game?!'
Yeah, part clipping is all the rage, honestly I've only built a few rockets that don't use part clipping since 1.5

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Is there an actual difference in aesthetics?
Well, I meant making replicas look more like the original. And I often use them to have first stage engines on at launch. And yes, there is a difference in aesthetics. It's a lot easier to get the right shape, though for this I use part clipping. And now with the new layering system part clipping let's you make cool shapes, patterns and custom engines (kind of). Though I admit it can be considered cheating in some cases, cos you basically increase fuel capacity without any significant increase in drag.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Well, I meant making replicas look more like the original. And I often use them to have first stage engines on at launch. And yes, there is a difference in aesthetics. It's a lot easier to get the right shape, though for this I use part clipping. And now with the new layering system part clipping let's you make cool shapes, patterns and custom engines (kind of). Though I admit it can be considered cheating in some cases, cos you basically increase fuel capacity without any significant increase in drag.
I didn't clarify my point, sorry.

First you come in and say most your rockets use part clipping.
Then I say I prefer bp editing.
And your answer is that you only use bp editing for aesthetic reasons.

My question should have been: what's the difference in aesthetics between bp editing and part clipping? They are basically the same.

T

TtTOtW

The difference is detail and precision. As well as the ability to stretch parts, and change fundamental attributes life leg positions, normally unavailable skins and fuel percentage.

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
The difference is detail and precision. As well as the ability to stretch parts, and change fundamental attributes life leg positions, normally unavailable skins and fuel percentage.
Exactly, .bp editing allow very fine detailing. Look at SFSAbhishek's rocket replicas. He even does the writing and logos.