Smart SAS Mod

pixelgaming579

Modder
Registered
A mod that adds a variety of control options for the stability assist system (SAS). Download link: Releases · pixelgaming579/Smart-SAS-Mod-SFS

Edit: V1.2 is out! This update adds a window position scaling system ( + window scaling hidden in the mod's config.txt settings.txt file), as well as a major restructuring of code. All credits for this update go to ASoD. Download link: Release Smart SAS 1.2 · pixelgaming579/Smart-SAS-Mod-SFS

Edit 2: V1.3 is out! This version adds key-bind support, allowing you to use the smart SAS features without needing to use the window. Download link: Release Smart SAS 1.3 · pixelgaming579/Smart-SAS-Mod-SFS

Edit 3: V1.4 is out! This update now allows for each rocket to store its own SAS setting. For example you could target rocket A whilst controlling rocket B, then switch to rocket A and target rocket B, which recreates the Lowne Lazy Method™️ (See Matt Lowne's KSP videos if you don't know what that is.) of docking in SFS! Download link: Release Smart SAS 1.4 · pixelgaming579/Smart-SAS-Mod-SFS

Edit 4: V1.5 is out! This update adds support for Altair's ANAIS mod, allowing rockets to use ANAIS navigation when targeting another rocket and/or planet. Also, due to somewhat popular demand, a dedicated "set to retrograde" keybind has been added (along with a "set to default" keybind). Download link: Release Smart SAS 1.5 · pixelgaming579/Smart-SAS-Mod-SFS
  • Follow prograde (direction of your rocket's velocity) by pressing the "Prograde" button...

• ...Or follow retrograde by adding an angle offset of 180°.

• Track a targeted ship, planet or moon with the "Target" button.

• Angle your ship relative to the surface with the "Surface" button.

• Disable auto-stabilisation outright with the "None" button.
  • Press the current active button to return to the default mode.

Last edited:

Pizzaya

Swingin' on a Star
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Nice mod, I love it. If I ever get PC sfs, this mod will be the first to be downloaded

_K4tana_

Man on the Moon
Registered
Hello there,
I’ve been using this mod for a bit and it’s definitely a great addition. It’s very useful for doing precise burns and keeping your rocket steady during re-entry, and I’ve come up with some potential features for a new update
- Docking Port alignment indicator (idk if this is actually possible)
- Dedicated Retrograde button
- Apoapsis hold (Keeps the apoapsis in front of the rocket during circularisation)

Power9Legend

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Hello there,
I’ve been using this mod for a bit and it’s definitely a great addition. It’s very useful for doing precise burns and keeping your rocket steady during re-entry, and I’ve come up with some potential features for a new update
- Apoapsis hold (Keeps the apoapsis in front of the rocket during circularisation)
yup good idea

pixelgaming579

Modder
Registered
Hello there,
1. I would have to figure out how to select ports on another ship, which seems quite difficult at a first glance.
2. I removed the dedicated button since it requires more space in the menu, which I wanted to minimise.
3. Apoapsis hold also seems like a fairly annoying thing to calculate, and would require another button. You could just hold prograde/surface with an offset.

_K4tana_

Man on the Moon
Registered
1. I would have to figure out how to select ports on another ship, which seems quite difficult at a first glance.
2. I removed the dedicated button since it requires more space in the menu, which I wanted to minimise.
3. Apoapsis hold also seems like a fairly annoying thing to calculate, and would require another button. You could just hold prograde/surface with an offset.
Ok, I get that these could be difficult to add. Still a great mod though!

A mod that adds a variety of control options for the stability assist system (SAS). Download link: Releases · pixelgaming579/Smart-SAS-Mod-SFS

Edit: V1.2 is out! This update adds a window position scaling system ( + window scaling hidden in the mod's config.txt settings.txt file), as well as a major restructuring of code. All credits for this update go to ASoD. Download link: Release Smart SAS 1.2 · pixelgaming579/Smart-SAS-Mod-SFS

Edit 2: V1.3 is out! This version adds key-bind support, allowing you to use the smart SAS features without needing to use the window. Download link: Release Smart SAS 1.3 · pixelgaming579/Smart-SAS-Mod-SFS

Edit 3: V1.4 is out! This update now allows for each rocket to store its own SAS setting. For example you could target rocket A whilst controlling rocket B, then switch to rocket A and target rocket B, which recreates the Lowne Lazy Method™️ (See Matt Lowne's KSP videos if you don't know what that is.) of docking in SFS! Download link: Release Smart SAS 1.4 · pixelgaming579/Smart-SAS-Mod-SFS
  • Follow prograde (direction of your rocket's velocity) by pressing the "Prograde" button...

• ...Or follow retrograde by adding an angle offset of 180°.

• Track a targeted ship, planet or moon with the "Target" button.

• Angle your ship relative to the surface with the "Surface" button.

• Disable auto-stabilisation outright with the "None" button.
  • Press the current active button to return to the default mode.
Hello, may I ask if you plan to implement a PID control feature into your Smart SAS program? Ive been using it for some time now and Ive noticed that the vehicle tends to overcompensate its rotation and end up oscillating for a long time, which wastes a lot of RCS propellant.

pixelgaming579

Modder
Registered
Hello, may I ask if you plan to implement a PID control feature into your Smart SAS program? Ive been using it for some time now and Ive noticed that the vehicle tends to overcompensate its rotation and end up oscillating for a long time, which wastes a lot of RCS propellant.
Was going to implement that, but I forgot what the correct search term was. It used to have a more complex equation so it would slow down quicker if it was going too fast, but it didn't end up working. May look into a PID controller and some other updates later on, since I'm working on some other mods.

w̸͚͎͕̔̔͠h̴̠͔͎̚͝ë̴̦̘̝́̔̚r̸͕͎͖̐̒͠e̸͙̪͖͐͊͌ i̵̡̺͖̿͝͝s̵͇̙̻̒̓͆ r̵̡͕̝͆̿͝e̸͉̺̙͒͋̈́t̴̢̻́̀͘r̵͓͉͉̀͊͋o̸̦͇͊̕͠g̵͓̫͔̿̓̈́r̸̢͎̪̈́͌͛a̴͇͕̽̀̿d̸͍̦͎̔̽͊e̸̙̼͔͆̈́͆

Was going to implement that, but I forgot what the correct search term was. It used to have a more complex equation so it would slow down quicker if it was going too fast, but it didn't end up working. May look into a PID controller and some other updates later on, since I'm working on some other mods.
That sounds great man, thanks!