solar system planet textures and planet textures in general

Jupiter

the biggest planet in the solar system.
Registered
so, as i announced some time ago, i've been working on textures for the planets of the solar system. so im going to be releasing some planet textures here, all my textures are ''pole centered'', this means that all the textures will be centered on the north pole of the planet. i also want to tell you guys that if you need, i can make custom textures for you, with or without clouds, with or without atmosphere, i have a tool to make my own maps so i can make your own textures for SFS. my first texture is my favorite planet, jupiter, center on the south pole, it shows the red spot and most of the storms on the south pole of jupiter. this texture used to be in a very high resolution, exactly it was an 8K pixels texture, but because of the limits of the game, i had to make it very low resolution, its 1K now. anyways, if you are going to use it on a pack or something else, please give credit. because its not fair that you upload something and you claim it as yours when actually someone else did it. enjoy!

jupiter.png

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Wow, I want that!

Lol, I really want one for Saturn too.

Jez 10

Local Expert Pinoy
ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
so, as i announced some time ago, i've been working on textures for the planets of the solar system. so im going to be releasing some planet textures here, all my textures are ''pole centered'', this means that all the textures will be centered on the north pole of the planet. i also want to tell you guys that if you need, i can make custom textures for you, with or without clouds, with or without atmosphere, i have a tool to make my own maps so i can make your own textures for SFS. my first texture is my favorite planet, jupiter, center on the south pole, it shows the red spot and most of the storms on the south pole of jupiter. this texture used to be in a very high resolution, exactly it was an 8K pixels texture, but because of the limits of the game, i had to make it very low resolution, its 1K now. anyways, if you are going to use it on a pack or something else, please give credit. because its not fair that you upload something and you claim it as yours when actually someone else did it. enjoy!

View attachment 20283
Can you do Earth?
every texture here in the forum is blurred...

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Quick question, I understood that SFS shows the planets from the south pole perspective?

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Yeah, that'd make the most sense based on orbital direction.

Jupiter

Registered
ok, next pack of textures, here we have:
- venus
- earth
- saturn
i want to add that most of the textures that i have are pretty old, so im remaking most of them, the jupiter texture is really really old, and i already uploaded it on discord when i had the other account, so im afraid that people that already has that texture tells me that im a thief, even if it was me who actually did it, because the texture is old, it has that black background, but this textures are new so they are in png, ready to use.

venus.png

earth.png

saturn.png

enjoy!

Jez 10

Local Expert Pinoy
ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
ok, next pack of textures, here we have:
- venus
- earth
- saturn
i want to add that most of the textures that i have are pretty old, so im remaking most of them, the jupiter texture is really really old, and i already uploaded it on discord when i had the other account, so im afraid that people that already has that texture tells me that im a thief, even if it was me who actually did it, because the texture is old, it has that black background, but this textures are new so they are in png, ready to use.

View attachment 20308
View attachment 20309
View attachment 20310

enjoy!
Can you make earth without the clouds?
Sorry for the another request tough.

Jupiter

Registered
sorry for the delays, i've been very busy this week but finally i had some time to make 2 textures more, uranus and neptune, here you have them:
1559507650871.png

1559507765921.png

i also want to announce that im going to make a ZIP or RAR file containing every texture for every planet, and, of course, their moons. enjoy!

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Wait, how do I add this into my game?

Wait, how do I add this into my game?
On android download the picture and put it in the texture file.Then in the planet file of the planet you want the texture change the texture name to the name of the picture.

EG:
Texture file name: Cool_Planet.png
You want it for Uranus
Screenshot_2019-06-03-00-59-27.png

Replace Uranus in planetTexture with Cool_Planet (no .png or whatever).

Sorry if this was so confuzzilingly worded.

On android download the picture and put it in the texture file.Then in the planet file of the planet you want the texture change the texture name to the name of the picture.

EG:
Texture file name: Cool_Planet.png
You want it for Uranus
View attachment 20622
Replace Uranus in planetTexture with Cool_Planet (no .png or whatever).

Sorry if this was so confuzzilingly worded.
How do you do it on iOS

Jupiter

Registered
ok guys, so after a pretty long time i would like to announce that finally, the entire texture pack is done:
mercury:
mercury.png

venus:
venus.png

earth:
earth.png

moon:

moon.png

mars:
mars.png

jupiter:
jupiter.png

io:
io.png

europa:
europa.png

callisto:
callisto.png

ganymede:
ganymede.png

saturn:
saturn.png

mimas:
mimas.png

enceladus:
enceladus.png

dione:
dione.png

rhea:
rhea.png

titan:
titan.png

iapetus:
iapetus.png

uranus:
uranus.png

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Amazing job, thank you!

Jupiter

Registered
i just finished this texture of a red giant:
red giant MU cephei.png

you can use it for your own solar systems. enjoy!

I have a tool on my pc and on my phone to make pole centered textures from various texture maps. I also draw my own textures on paper and convert them to SFS textures. Instead of using your textures in my mods, I made my own textures and my visual enhancements mod has more realistic textures.

Jupiter

Registered
I have a tool on my pc and on my phone to make pole centered textures from various texture maps. I also draw my own textures on paper and convert them to SFS textures. Instead of using your textures in my mods, I made my own textures and my visual enhancements mod has more realistic textures.
nice!

You can do it in IOS but you need to jailbreak.

Moderator note: There is a risk to harm your phone doing this, Apple strongly discourages this.
If you try this, it's at your own risk!

Last edited by a moderator: