Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Hey Mooncrasher, I hate bugging you, but would you mind checking my space shuttle on the previous page?
You can do better.
It should carry about a minimum of 10% of its liftoff mass to orbit, but any more than that I can't really tell you until the weekend and a blueprint link either here or in DMs.:)

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Come on, 10% of 790t is 79t, not 30t. :)
I suggest you rework your shuttle to carry the same payload as it does now, but firstly make the shuttle as small and light as you can by using less fuel tanks (or simply emptying them when you can't remove them) and shaping more of its body with light fluffy parts such as fairings. Then decrease the booster size so that the shuttle barely reaches orbit with enough fuel to land when you're carrying a payload. When you reach orbit, hmm, about 10-20% left is ok. And it should be like 5% when you land, at most.
The goal is to use as little fuel as possible to put the payload in orbit and then land.

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Ok, first of all the boosters need to be thinner. 1.6m, yours are 3m wide (twice as much). They should also be 17m or 20m tall (without the nosecones), depends if you use aj-60 or gem-63 (I'd suggest the latter, is the current configuration)
Now for the core, it should be 3.8 metres wide. (You can round up to 4). It also gets narrower at the end, so probably a 3.4m fairing there. If you want the frontiers to look good in such a configuration, either stack them (side view) or make them narrower with BP edit. Your fairing is too wide, should use the standard 5.4m fairing. I'll add more details later

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
180t is for non dlc, you are using the dlc build grid

Cookie Aerospace

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
A: 180t is supposed to be the payload mass, not the rocket mass.
I had selected everything except the 180t payload, and then I moved the selected things so that only the whole payload mass was shown. You can also clearly see that in another photo the mass is >180t, and to be precise, about 739t. I also asked for the dimensions of the non-DLC build grid. I hope I cleared a few uncertain things about the attempt.

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
I had selected everything except the 180t payload, and then I moved the selected things so that only the whole payload mass was shown. You can also clearly see that in another photo the mass is >180t, and to be precise, about 739t. I also asked for the dimensions of the non-DLC build grid. I hope I cleared a few uncertain things about the attempt.
I noticed, hence me editing my post (Ig you were already typing). Your build however won't fit width-wise in the non dlc grid

Cookie Aerospace

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Hey Mooncrasher, I did it! I took inspiration from Sportgus and Hermes's Shuttle and I didn't use their blueprints. Here are the photographs from the launch cam as well as some from Valentina's spacewalk. And some random dude took some 4k photgraphs somehow of reentry.
DC4BA874-4F49-4DC4-8929-42B954631140.png B275F572-139C-44B4-9889-FEBDD6E2E74A.png 293A4C09-CA59-4065-AC23-C44F7C246DBD.png 2DB82BF8-FBA5-4B92-8129-51AB4015125C.png DF9937E0-4985-4715-960D-457CC5593801.png
I'll post another reply so I don't mess up the photo-organization. Did I just create a new word?