Spaceflight Simulator Real Solar System (SFS RSS) V0.1

The Astronomer

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Spaceflight Simulator - Real Solar System.PNG

Spaceflight Simulator Real Solar System V0.1 is here!

Features:
- To scale Solar System containing major bodies out to Jupiter, including Ceres, with radii and corresponding surface gravities correctly accounting for flattening.
- Near true-colored planetary and atmosphere textures produced with spectra data and simulation program, respectively.
- Real life planetary terrains for the inner planets[1] and Ceres produced with data from USGS. Any sufficiently large topographical feature on the equator is included.
- Accurate atmosphere densities[2] and heights[3].

[1]: Since Venus' topography map is incomplete, a partially fictional map is used.
[2]: under an assumption. See README file for more technical information.
[3]: under a unique definition. See README file for more technical information.

Download here!

Installation: After downloading, extract the file into the Custom Solar Systems folder. This should make the system show up as an option when creating a new save.

Credits: People involved in the creation of this project and sources of materials used to create it are credited in the README file.

Are you still working on improving it? I like your mode, tested some rocket takeoffs and it is more difficult (realistic in terms of data) than IRIS. But I have a question: why is Karma line so high? I think, it should be 100km, not 500?

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
View attachment 75125

Spaceflight Simulator Real Solar System V0.1 is here!

Features:
- To scale Solar System containing major bodies out to Jupiter, including Ceres, with radii and corresponding surface gravities correctly accounting for flattening.
- Near true-colored planetary and atmosphere textures produced with spectra data and simulation program, respectively.
- Real life planetary terrains for the inner planets[1] and Ceres produced with data from USGS. Any sufficiently large topographical feature on the equator is included.
- Accurate atmosphere densities[2] and heights[3].

[1]: Since Venus' topography map is incomplete, a partially fictional map is used.
[2]: under an assumption. See README file for more technical information.
[3]: under a unique definition. See README file for more technical information.

Download here!

Installation: After downloading, extract the file into the Custom Solar Systems folder. This should make the system show up as an option when creating a new save.

Credits: People involved in the creation of this project and sources of materials used to create it are credited in the README file.
I'm not sure but would this work for pc and if so would it work in the 1:1 scale?

I'm not sure but would this work for pc and if so would it work in the 1:1 scale?
I guess, for this mod the scale is nearly 1:1, according to 1st and 2nd cosmic velocities. Also if you open planets’ .txt files, you will notice that radius (or diameters) of planets are realistic. And as this mod is just modification of .txt data, I suppose it should work on pc.

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
I guess, for this mod the scale is nearly 1:1, according to 1st and 2nd cosmic velocities. Also if you open planets’ .txt files, you will notice that radius (or diameters) of planets are realistic. And as this mod is just modification of .txt data, I suppose it should work on pc.
I'm wondinh because if I were to put this in there it would scale 20x from the already 1:1 scale here. Cause the game might assume its 1:20

AstronautAdam

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Where can I find the Custom Solar Systems folder, or where would I create the folder?
Do you have full version of apk? Or steam one? Route varies little between them, but in overal its same-find directory Spaceflight Simulator then Savings and there is(I think, now I m not sure) Custom Solar Systems folder.

Dahzito

Amateur Astronomer / Future Astrophysicist
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Avoid necroposting, this planet pack is obsolete now, the first post was made in 2021 and this planet pack was most probably discontinued.