SRB-X derived concept

LP64350

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
This is my SRB-X derived rocket. It’s not a direct replica of the rocket, and other than being one of the ugliest things I’ve ever seen, (other than SLS) this is just a concept of what I think it may have looked like. (Again not to scale, just a concept). Now this rocket is very interesting, the flimsy looking struts holding onto the strap on SRB’s, the massive fairing, and strange launch sequence where the core booster doesn’t not ignite upon liftoff. (Like the Titan series). anyways enough chit chat, here it is...
1DCA7729-9416-4EA7-8CF8-7BA8A73684CF.png
4F1CA348-7224-47B4-B866-3D07259D780B.png
B956A95A-EDBC-4849-A143-04C4B418058F.png
6A59F965-D85E-483F-ADDE-15221947E954.png
D50A4DE5-22DB-4F2B-A7A1-18622C0A17AF.png
E63127B2-6278-471E-9F70-A49D351D036F.png
20B7A47A-5AA4-4B5A-BDC5-A14F1389B991.png
17638854-3BCB-483A-9801-5C5EFB60DE10.png
0831F5E9-4FAB-412A-8899-6427154B4747.png

So let me know what you think about the SRB-X. It’s a very, let’s just say a most interesting rocket.

UN Cosmo Navy

Explorer Program Management - non-dlc
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Under Pressure
Registered
This is my SRB-X derived rocket. It’s not a direct replica of the rocket, and other than being one of the ugliest things I’ve ever seen, (other than SLS) this is just a concept of what I think it may have looked like. (Again not to scale, just a concept). Now this rocket is very interesting, the flimsy looking struts holding onto the strap on SRB’s, the massive fairing, and strange launch sequence where the core booster doesn’t not ignite upon liftoff. (Like the Titan series). anyways enough chit chat, here it is...
View attachment 58790 View attachment 58791 View attachment 58792 View attachment 58793 View attachment 58794 View attachment 58795 View attachment 58796 View attachment 58797 View attachment 58798
So let me know what you think about the SRB-X. It’s a very, let’s just say a most interesting rocket.
Ok...good

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
So this concept is about Auto-Detachable SRBs, or Asparagus Staging?

Anyway, I recommend putting the SRBs (or Boosters, cause I don’t think they run on solid fuel...) closer to the core, because that way they create less drag.

Edit: also, those vertical separators that hold the boosters, try to get rid of them as well on booster separation.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend

Anyway, I recommend putting the SRBs (or Boosters, cause I don’t think they run on solid fuel...) closer to the core, because that way they create less drag.

Edit: also, those vertical separators that hold the boosters, try to get rid of them as well on booster separation.
Looks like the central booster should be shortened and have lower struts.
Heavy-Lift-Lineup.jpg

LP64350

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
A little bit of both

Looks like the central booster should be shortened and have lower struts.
View attachment 58799
This is supposed to be more of a “concept/Derivative” instead of direct replica, so that is why there are multiple differences.
Like the small staging engines, the different struts, and the separation between the boosters, and the core that is longer.

Quick edit: this was also intended to bring something a little different to the table, unlike the constant flow of F9’s and Starship replicas.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
You use that term, asparagus staging. I'm not sure it means what you all think it means

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
You use that term, asparagus staging. I'm not sure it means what you all think it means
If I remember correctly means the lower stages are feeding up the upper ones, while they are all burning. So when the lower stages detach the upper ones are still fully fueled.

Edit: What I originally wrote was wrong. I hope now is fixed :)

Last edited:

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
View attachment 58790 View attachment 58791 View attachment 58792 View attachment 58793 View attachment 58794 View attachment 58795 View attachment 58796 View attachment 58797 View attachment 58798
Ohhh I remember this rocket!

It can be launched on normal space shuttle pad, thou 3 sticks of SRB is quite odd thou...