SSF Player's Favorite Books of Science Fiction

[____Negative_Space____]

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
if any group of people still reads (and reads fiction, no less), it's probably this one. i'd love a suggestion or two from each member so i don't run out of good leasure reading material, and if you too are looking for a suggestion, post your favorites along with your recommendations.

these are my favorite works by my three favorite authors, which can also be considered my recommendations: Nexus, by Ramez Naam. for me, this trilogy is bested only by Heinlein's The Moon is a Harsh Mistress. following those two, Gregory Benford's Timescape.

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
There's some series that I want to read, such as Dune, Wheel of Time, as well as shorts like Rendezvous with Rama, and then there's that one about cities spinning like a spinning top?
I haven't read any Heinlein yet, but I want to.

As for what I've read, most of Asimov's works, including all of Foundation, and the robot stories. I like how he tied them together.

RockerBrawler

Man on the Moon
Registered
I personally loved 'To kill a mockingbird' by Harper Lee, for science fiction, I would suggest Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy volumes and welps, 1984 is good reading material.

G

Ghost220819

Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars Trilogy are my favorite sci-fi books. I enjoyed reading them, and their quite long books with each page being a literal wall of text. I would recommend taking a look at them.

[____Negative_Space____]

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Thanks to all of you! I've read some of the same, and just added a a lot to my list of books to "buy them! buy them now and read them!"

Heinlein is worth the time, Mooncrasher (well, at least to me). Stranger in a Strange Land is another Heinlein's that ranks up in my top ten. And Azimov is such classic stuff. I love the way the movie was done. I had low expectations when it came out, but tthey really did it right!

1984 is double plus good, RocketBrawler. Have you ever read We by Yevgeny Zamyatin?

Wow, Marmilo. I saw dune on TV in the 80s. I was so confused. This has gone right to the top of my "buy them! buy them now and read them!" list.

G

Ghost220819

I have another suggestion, Fahrenheit 451. It's about burning books, and is a very good read.

[____Negative_Space____]

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I love that one, Steel Behemoth. As negative a connotation as it holds, I must admit, I too, want to have another screen installed in my parlor. Though I'd probably spend half the day plaing SFS on it.