Star clipper

Soyuzturtle

«★★★» Grand Admiral «★★★» // PT
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Here is my new launch system which I'll be using alot for small and medium payloads for a while.
It's reusable except for the side boosters , can bring over 50 tonnes to LEO and further which in flight refueling. It can even land on multiple planets in one flight with its multiple parachutes and high fuel capacity on the second stage!
I'll add some more pictures later.
Screenshot_2020-09-29-00-04-02-466_com.StefMorojna.SpaceflightSimulator.jpg
Screenshot_2020-09-29-00-04-11-598_com.StefMorojna.SpaceflightSimulator.jpg

Please do share any advice or criticism to the design.

BANDWITH

Embodiment of Made In Abyss spoilers
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered
Here is my new launch system which I'll be using alot for small and medium payloads for a while.
It's reusable except for the side boosters , can bring over 50 tonnes to LEO and further which in flight refueling. It can even land on multiple planets in one flight with its multiple parachutes and high fuel capacity on the second stage!
View attachment 46031 View attachment 46032
So from what I’m picking up, the fairings are designed to be reusable as well, yes?

T

TtTOtW

So from what I’m picking up, the fairings are designed to be reusable as well, yes?
And does not split apart. Good for zero G reassembly. Bad for refuelling that tank in there. And perhaps a handling port, so it can be picked up by a drone.

Soyuzturtle

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Yes , it's just designed to move away to reveal the payload , deploy the payload and then move back into place.

Soyuzturtle

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
And does not split apart. Good for zero G reassembly. Bad for refuelling that tank in there. And perhaps a handling port, so it can be picked up by a drone.
The fuel in there is normally sufficient to get the fairing off to deploy the payload and then redock which it only has to do once per flight.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Because it shoudn't split apart, all it has to do is move away to reveal the payload, separate the payload, and then move back into position.

SFSAbhishek

/<***@Intricate Crafts are Mine✓***>\
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
The fuel in there is normally sufficient to get the fairing off to deploy the payload and then redock which it only has to do once per flight.
Here is one I made for you, it has a para just at the edge of the fairing. So it will look like spacex style recovery.
Screenshot_2020-09-30-13-04-59-252_com.miui.videoplayer.jpg

Screenshot_2020-09-30-13-05-14-253_com.miui.videoplayer.jpg
Screenshot_2020-09-30-13-18-56-744_com.StefMorojna.SpaceflightSimulator.jpg

Attachments

TrenchRabbit

Man on the Moon
Registered
View attachment 46031 View attachment 46032
Interesting design, the Reusable fairings is cool aswell :) . I would add a small port somewhere on the exterior though for refueling and like TtTOtW said for drones to attach.

T

TtTOtW

I made my Proton fully reusable, and I do mean fully reusable, in 1.4. Did exactly that. Also featured replaceable parachutes throughout.

SFSAbhishek

Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I made my Proton fully reusable, and I do mean fully reusable, in 1.4. Did exactly that. Also featured replaceable parachutes throughout.
I earlier made a fully reusable SpaceX dragon. Send it to moon refuel it and then to mars.

SFSAbhishek

Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Are you on iOS or Android?