Stef when is the 1.6 update coming out we have been waiting for 2 years now.

The SFS community has been waiting for over 2 years for the 1.6 update and I am rather curios can you give us a Release date?

S

Sportgus

I don't know about release date but I'll say this: Stef isn't directly connected to the forum, we don't know exact release dates. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
You know, 1.6 is just a number. Stef has been regularly updating the game during those 2 years, and he keeps doing it, even if he didn't name any version "1.6".

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
The SFS community has been waiting for over 2 years for the 1.6 update and I am rather curios can you give us a Release date?
There is no release date yet, only the possible things to be added. 1.6 will have to be a big update, considering that it will hold a single number, nothing else, which was always a thing that major updates previously had. I'd say that those were great 2 years in terms of updates, even if their pace wasnt consistent, and come on reentry was probably a top requested feature and madlad actually added it!

I hope post 1.5 versions will end at 1.5.10, but whatever comes next i am very excited

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Dang that question is like a recycled questions back in 1.4s days when updated 1.5, we wait for long long time. When stef etc...

Just chill and enjoy what is in your dinner plate right now. Heck Stef even droppin more stuff lately compared to past update with it's fixes and minor additional stuff bein added.

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Dang that question is like a recycled questions back in 1.4s days when updated 1.5, we wait for long long time. When stef etc...

Just chill and enjoy what is in your dinner plate right now. Heck Stef even droppin more stuff lately compared to past update with it's fixes and minor additional stuff bein added.
Post 1.5 we were getting a new update every couple months, thats way better than earlier, and most added some major new stuff.

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Post 1.5 we were getting a new update every couple months, thats way better than earlier, and most added some major new stuff.
True true, stef really gone rapid firin after the foundation update and old players seems appreciate the pogress (thou sometimes it got bugs).But usually those people who are askin wEn UpDaTe? are either kids, new to the game or impatient people. Better to appreciate what's the current status (unless it got bugs that needs to be fixed) and let developer be in peace writin the next line of program for future updates.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
By the way, I'd also like to remember that major versions were preceded by a long period without updates. Precisely because a major version requires a lot of work. And people didn't like it either. The worst was the transition from 1.35 to 1.4, people were harassing Stef, some wanted to sue him, spammed "WhEn UpDaTe?", to the point we had to ban those 2 words.

Since the release of 1.5 we've had many updates, you should also appreciate what you have. Without even talking about the mods on the PC version, SFS has never had as much potential as today.

Stef may be a developer, and may be the manager of a VERY small Indie Developers Group, but that's just it: he's the main developer of a small Indie Development Group. And that Group is only comprised of...I think 1-10 people. Very small.

Stef doesn't have the expertise, time, money, or resources to hire a larger group to help him work on the game faster.
Stef is the only main developer of Spaceflight Simulator, well, the main coder of Spaceflight Simulator. Most of the game is made by Stef.

Keep in mind that being the only developer of a large and successful game is a very, VERY challenging task and requires a lot of time. Stef needs a lot of time to push out updates which could break the game because some parts are new features. Keep in mind also that Stef first began SFS when he was 17 years old in 2017, and now he's 22-23 years old, technically still in college. College can take time to complete.

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Asking for release dates isn't good, remember what happened with cyberpunk 2077? Also major updates usually brought new parts, slightly/very different looks, etc..
I still wanna play around in sfs before that, while I know it well

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
the 1.5 era is coming to an end I believe the 1.6 update will come out somewhere in march or April or May correct me if I'm wrong.
Its 21st March, wdym it will come out in March? April or May are also not probable, we have no confirmation of what the new additions will be, no recent sneak peeks, nothing. Remember that 1.5.10 was also scheduled to come out before that

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Since the release of 1.5 we've had many updates, you should also appreciate what you have. Without even talking about the mods on the PC version, SFS has never had as much potential as today.
This reminds me when I first played this game, when I first played this game it's only a simple rocket launching game. That time I remember it's late 2017 and I have a sense that, if this game has developed well it will turns out to be a mini KSP. Thankfully, time shows that I was right. I saw how this game turns from a simple rocket launching game with only inner planets and the most basic rocket parts to a famous space game like today. Although some features like water can be added, but no game is perfect. I believe even if Stef updated the game to the one that you desire you'll end up get used to the version, this will make you want even more features of this game. Just like a greedy kid asking for more toys. Instead of for thinking about the rooms of the improvement of this game, like Altaïr said: Be thankful of what you have now. Without the developer's hard work, you won't be having nice reentry effects, bp edit or rover wheels like today.
Asking for release dates isn't good, remember what happened with cyberpunk 2077? Also major updates usually brought new parts, slightly/very different looks, etc..
I still wanna play around in sfs before that, while I know it well
Asking for "wen update" is not a problem, but when a bunch of kid asking the same question again and again to the amount that some asked frequently then it will cause unnecessary spam. What people hate is not you asked "Wen update", it's that you asked this a lot causing unncessary to the developer's. some ppl are not patience enough to wait for the update or they are greedy. This end up the question appears everywhere if I'm not wrong.
Even if the game is updated, you think the "wen update" kids will disappear? No. Again, no game is perfect, when 1.6 released they'll get used to 1.6, as a result, they'll end up wanting to get to 1.7. I believe even if 1.6 released, a new wave of "wen 1.7 release" question will appear someday after 1.6 is released. So in a long term, asking this question is meaningless. Another, if a new version released, there is always glitches, it's inevitable. If it's a glitch that can be fixed by just switch off/on the game I won't be asking the developer to remove this glitch, it's inevitable.
No, it's today

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
This exact question has been asked when 1.5 was in development. Down to the time. Damm i love when history repeats itself...

Be patient and 1.6 will eventually come. We have 1.5.10 waiting for its arrival first.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I did?...hm...I don't really see a post that says that by me. Weird...but I probably shouldn't question the weird and probably broken forum system.
That was a quote from Cresign originally. I don't know how it was associated to you however. Unless James edited the quote?

SFS 1.6 is not planned for now
Like that :p