Swinging on a star attempt

NOG Aerospace

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Before I post all the picture for the mission, I just want to confirm that I can do orbital assembly and that when it says to “preform a flyby of all celestial bodies” that it means for me to enter and exit the SOI of each planet, and nothing more.

NOG Aerospace

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Alright then, here is my full attempt at the base game version of swinging on a star
i decided based on about nothing that 4 tugs plus a top control rocket would be enough to make the round trip.
ive got about 80 screenshots so this might take a moment and it will be broken up into multiple post for the image limit.
IMG_0676.png
IMG_0585.png
IMG_0594.png
IMG_0595.png
IMG_0583.png
IMG_0584.png
IMG_0586.png
IMG_0587.png
IMG_0588.png
IMG_0589.png
IMG_0590.png
IMG_0591.png
IMG_0592.png
IMG_0593.png
IMG_0596.png
IMG_0597.png
IMG_0598.png
IMG_0599.png
IMG_0600.png
IMG_0601.png
image limit reached

NOG Aerospace

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
IMG_0602.png
IMG_0603.png
IMG_0604.png
IMG_0605.png
IMG_0606.png
IMG_0607.png
IMG_0608.png
IMG_0609.png
IMG_0610.png
mars flyby, didn’t take any transit pictures
IMG_0617.png
IMG_0618.png

mars to venus transit and flyby
IMG_0619.png
IMG_0620.png
IMG_0621.png
IMG_0622.png
IMG_0623.png

venus to mercury transit and flyby
IMG_0624.png
IMG_0625.png
IMG_0628.png
IMG_0629.png
image limit reached again

NOG Aerospace

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
IMG_0630.png

Mercury to earth transit
IMG_0631.png
IMG_0637.png
IMG_0645.png
IMG_0646.png
IMG_0647.png
IMG_0648.png
IMG_0657.png
IMG_0658.png
IMG_0659.png
IMG_0660.png
IMG_0661.png
IMG_0662.png
IMG_0663.png

IMG_0664.png
IMG_0665.png
IMG_0666.png
IMG_0667.png
IMG_0668.png
IMG_0669.png
mission success! the mission log is quite long so I recorded scrolling through it.

notes: I could have made each tug stage except the last one (which needed a strong retrograde thrust) use only one valisn’t engine instead of two hawks to have a higher fuel efficiency since I wasn’t meeting any drag in space. However I designed the tug when I was a brand new player and didn’t know anything about specific impulse.

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
This all looks good, even if it could have been more efficient ;). Just one thing before I clear you, the mars photo is missing a fuel level. Looks a bit cropped, do you have the original?
IMG_0617.png

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
This all looks good, even if it could have been more efficient ;). Just one thing before I clear you, the mars photo is missing a fuel level. Looks a bit cropped, do you have the original?
The picture after the Mars flyby one shows the fuel gauges. Look closer onion ;)

Otherwise completely fine. Nice mission. Altaïr Pink

NOG Aerospace

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
It doesn’t include fuel levels because I was probably in timewarp during the screenshot. I can see how I might cause confusion, I’ll try to get out of timewarp whenever I take screenshots in the future

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
The picture after the Mars flyby one shows the fuel gauges. Look closer onion ;)

Otherwise completely fine. Nice mission. Altaïr Pink
My bad, I guess I just thought this was something to pay attention to. I'll be less eager next time ;)
Screenshot_20240402_210346_DuckDuckGo.jpg

NOG Aerospace

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
My bad, I guess I just thought this was something to pay attention to. I'll be less eager next time ;)
View attachment 116329
The screenshot is not cropped, i was simply in timewarp during the screenshot, which hides fuel levels. Here is that image and the one after that, both of identical resolution to prove that it isn’t cropped
IMG_0677.jpeg
IMG_0678.jpeg

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Hello and sorry for the delay.

I'm sorry but you're supposed to make a fly-by of all bodies in the system, which includes Deimos, Phobos and the Moon. Unless I'm mistaken you didn't visit them.

NOG Aerospace

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Hello and sorry for the delay.

I'm sorry but you're supposed to make a fly-by of all bodies in the system, which includes Deimos, Phobos and the Moon. Unless I'm mistaken you didn't visit them.
but the
Base game and pre-1.4 players: Launchpad, LEO, flyby of all planets, landed back on Earth, Mission Log.
or do i also need moons then

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
but the

or do i also need moons then
I see...
Maybe there was an ambiguity, but on the initial description it's clear that it's all bodies:
Land on a Jovian Moon and get back to Earth, just like the previous Mars and Moon missions. For base-game and pre-1.4 players, perform a flyby of all the bodies in the system and return to Earth safely. Orbital assembly as well as Launchpad assembly is allowed.
That's how it's been intended anyway.