Solved Switching

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stuot

When separating modules in orbit and they are still very close its impossible to zoom and and then select the second commamd module.

Can this be done?

I find it impossible to select the second now separated module.

Any help or improvements in ease of switching would be great.

H

human101

Well, for me, I go into map, then I click on the triangle (yes both of them are on top of each other), it just switches of me.

T

TtTOtW

In addition, I think it is worth mentioning that even though they at on top of each other, the further you zoom in, the easier you can manage to select the second triangle.

S

Stuot

In addition, I think it is worth mentioning that even though they at on top of each other, the further you zoom in, the easier you can manage to select the second triangle.

I find it so difficult. Add you zoom in the objects are moving very fast across the screen.. Again impossible to select.. Meanwhile your undocked objects move slowly back and dock again

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
I find it so difficult. Add you zoom in the objects are moving very fast across the screen.. Again impossible to select.. Meanwhile your undocked objects move slowly back and dock again
I have that problem to, but all you need to do is use your RCS thrusters to push it away.

S

Stuot

I have that problem to, but all you need to do is use your RCS thrusters to push it away.
Yes that stops them from rejoining and creates now additional vectoring that you don't want. It still is extremely difficult to switch to other part as they are moving so fast.

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
Yes that stops them from rejoining and creates now additional vectoring that you don't want. It still is extremely difficult to switch to other part as they are moving so fast.
Im afraid it’s blind luck. One thing I do is memories the positions of the objects so I know exactly which one is the one just undocked

Hopefully a track object in orbit mode
And map icon customization (including move triangle by 90°,turn triangle into dots for easier selection,allow colour coding EG. Selected object isn't larger its red or smthing.
Different shapes like squares for space station?)
And a switch craft in normal view should definitly be implemented.

I think stef is quite busy so he might add the last one if he can squeeze it in his schedule

Try switching to an object which is not in the same area so the expanded triangle doesn't cover more of your view.

T

TtTOtW

To avoid redocking, just rotate the released craft by 90° and you'll have plenty time to calmly and more efficiently switch crafts.

It's kinda tricky to switch between modules in orbit. But hopefully in the future we will have some kind of option that solves that

Status
Not open for further replies.