Tanks

Which tanks are cooler

• Total voters
T

The Dark in the Light

Since we already have a thread here for aviation, I think a tank thread would be a good addition. As the title says, this thread is for all about tanks! Next we need is a cars thread :p. Who here thinks this one looks... weird... and insanely cool...
MnDEZeQ_d.jpg

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Since we already have a thread here for aviation, I think a tank thread would be a good addition. As the title says, this thread is for all about tanks! Next we need is a cars thread :p. Who here thinks this one looks... weird... and insanely cool...
View attachment 31922
Wow, that's...

An odd tank...

I wonder how would such a big thing would do it on the battlefield...

Also, why is the guy number 4 enmarked? Was he the creator of this machine?

T

The Dark in the Light

Wow, that's...

An odd tank...

I wonder how would such a big thing would do it on the battlefield...

Also, why is the guy number 4 enmarked? Was he the creator of this machine?
I think that behemoth would only be good on flat ground... And the fourth guy, I have no idea, I just found this image as I was looking for my current profile picture.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Talking serious, do you guys think the King Tiger could have actually changed the result of the war, if would have been introduced earlier?

T

The Dark in the Light

Talking serious, do you guys think the King Tiger could have actually changed the result of the war, if would have been introduced earlier?
It could have if it were mass produced, though the cost was high

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
View attachment 31922
Yo dawg, I heard you like tanks, so I added a tank to your tank so you could tank whilst you tank.

Personally, i think that'd be just as useless against German medium and heavy tanks as the original tanks were. It's just as badly gunned/armoured, it'll be underpowered and slower, a bigger target, less mobile and probably an absolute turd to maintain.

In all, the biggest reaction it'll get from zee Germans is muffled laughter followed by volleys of long barrel 88mm fire from 2km.

Now seriously, who voted US with the USSR being there?
Who voted US/Russia with Germany in the options?

Nah. They'd never be produced in enough numbers to make a huge difference. And in order to win a war, you need country covering, high speed mobility. It's why the T-34 was such a game changer. Tiger/King Tiger and their tank destroyer offspring (JagdTiger etc) were defensive powerhouses, heavy front armour, long range guns but in close country/assaulting place they more often than not broke down or were lost because of in-experienced crews.

If any tank was going to win Germany the war (and WWII wasn't won or lost with tanks by any stretch, Allied air superiority was the battle winner and the Me262 was changing that game considerably. If introduced earlier in decent numbers, things would've been much different for zee Germans), it would be the Panther.
Easily the best medium tank of the war, fast, well armoured, the best 75mm gun in the world and later on in life, quite reliable if a turd to change the road wheels.

T

The Dark in the Light

Take a look at what I tried to do in WoTB
Screenshot_20200113-073118_World of Tanks.jpg
I tried driving off that ledge and onto that tank there. It would have been hilarious if it worked and we drove into battle. Lol

Chara-cter

37°14′0″N 115°48′30″W
Man on the Moon
Registered

Chara-cter

37°14′0″N 115°48′30″W
Man on the Moon
Registered
A plane has a fuel tank so...
82F8E39D-4991-42F8-9FBA-A05686534839.jpeg

Anyone know what do those Axis' symbols are? How many aircraft this B-24 has shot down?