Team Frontier Entries

NSG

Likes shuttles // Doesn’t like replicas // He/Him
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
Wow that’s really small compared to my apollo style landing and return i did, nice job!

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Unfortunately it seems you broke a part (your achievements screen shows a crash on Mars). I'm sorry but it doesn't qualify.

§PaCëØddît¥

Man on the Moon
Registered
Unfortunately it seems you broke a part (your achievements screen shows a crash on Mars). I'm sorry but it doesn't qualify.
I saw that when I recovered. I came in a few m/s hot. Something may have bent but nothing broke.
That is annoying. I quicksaved in Martian orbit. A landing on Mars with no crash sufficient?
Ah hell, forget that. Let me see if I can make this a little more interesting.

§PaCëØddît¥

Man on the Moon
Registered
"What do you mean it's gone?" Commander Dean ran a hand over burning eyes. " Commander, Central has it on the big dish out of Arecibo. It's gone interstellar. Last position it was passing Mars at escape velocity." Screenshot_20220414-131411.png
"Has anyone told Rebecca yet?"
The two officers looked at each other and to the floor in consideration of what this knowledge meant.
Dean smashed the intercom button. "How long till Mars Explorer II can launch Scotty?" " She's sitting on the pad rarin' to go Commander but you cannot seriously be thinking what I think you are?
Screenshot_20220416-052834.png
"Of course not, but Mars offers a few advantages to earth when your chasing an interstellar probe that's been hijacked by a 10 year old."

"I want every module you've got flying to Mars yesterday. Make it happen Scotty", Dean took a breath," I've got to go talk to a mother who's son is travelling away from her at a sizeable chunk of 8 km/s and everything's just perfectly fine.

Attachments

§PaCëØddît¥

Man on the Moon
Registered
It was time. Find a needle in a million haystacks. Pick a single grain of sand from all the beaches of earth. In his heart he said he could do it. His head just kept shaking itself not a chance in hell.

Attachments

§PaCëØddît¥

Man on the Moon
Registered
Lt. Commander Wendy Ekman shook her head in disbelief. The Commander hade come som close in hos daring but misguided rescue attempt. Unfortunately, upon leaving the solar system he was caught in what was called the "Morojna" effect for lack of a better term. A little understood event that simply tossed craft hither and yon for reasons the physicists claimed were do to the whims of a single body physics model. Whatever that meant. The end result was the same. The poor kid and who or whatever where in those other ships appeared to be trapped within the sphere of the sun forever beyond reach of current technology and he was barely able to get himself back into a solar orbit to wait for his own rescue.

Attachments

§PaCëØddît¥

Man on the Moon
Registered
In the meantime, the mission must go on. Firstly, land that pesky Mars probe and try not to scratch the paint this time. Then return this conglomeration of a space station to earth.

Attachments

§PaCëØddît¥

Man on the Moon
Registered
Space Station

Attachments

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
I completely missed this until now.o_O
Don't be afraid to ping a member of staff if it happens again.

Unfortunately I think there's nothing here I can award badges for, due to missing screenshots. In the case of Mars mission, due to how little I know of that rocket, it's a little odd that you got to LEO using only 1 tank. This would surely clear up with more screenshots, or redone missions with more screenshots if you lost the saves.

§PaCëØddît¥

Man on the Moon
Registered
Honestly I don't remember if this is where I assembled a station around Mars, brought it back to Earth and docked with it or what. No worries about badges
The rocket shown was used for the voyager mission. Indeed all those saves are long gone. You're welcome to look back through the various missions, I believe I documented several. I figured I was being intentionally ignored. I haven't lost any sleep over it.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
No, it just kind of slipped through the cracks... Either way, I'm not offended if someone pings me if their submission hasn't been responded to for a few days.

Voyager quest, part of the rocket isn't seen, and there's no screenshot from earth orbit.
I was going to try see if I could replicate the same result as the final screenshot and give you the badge, but I've just noticed that you drained the fuel from the voyager probe, so the end result isn't actually 24.95t sent interstellar, more like 15t.
Draining fuel isn't allowed unfortunately, so it's invalid.:confused: But I'm happy to provide any assist required for your resubmission if you choose to do it, and don't hesitate to take tips fromAltaïr's tutorial.

§PaCëØddît¥

Man on the Moon
Registered
No, it just kind of slipped through the cracks... Either way, I'm not offended if someone pings me if their submission hasn't been responded to for a few days.

Voyager quest, part of the rocket isn't seen, and there's no screenshot from earth orbit.
I was going to try see if I could replicate the same result as the final screenshot and give you the badge, but I've just noticed that you drained the fuel from the voyager probe, so the end result isn't actually 24.95t sent interstellar, more like 15t.
Draining fuel isn't allowed unfortunately, so it's invalid.:confused: But I'm happy to provide any assist required for your resubmission if you choose to do it, and don't hesitate to take tips fromAltaïr's tutorial.
Team Titan Entry you might start here

§PaCëØddît¥

Man on the Moon
Registered