Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Sorry, you cannot use the fuel from the probe, because then it doesn't weigh 24.95t anymore. :confused:
Also it looks like if your rocket had a higher TWR (1.6 or so), that would help.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
The probe has to be sent full indeed.

By the way, apart from the probe tanks, I noticed that two of your fuel tanks are not full, one is even filled at only 65% of its capacity. In this case it's better to simply remove some fuel tanks. Remember that the empty tank has a mass too, which is 10% of the full mass. Removing some fuel alleviates the launcher, but the tank itself still has its full mass!

That trick is useful when you're slightly above the mass limit. For example if your launcher weighs 266 tons, you can remove a ton of fuel, because this is still the best choice, as the smallest fuel tank weighs 5 tons. Removing a 5 tons fuel tank would be less interesting in this case. But this is only for small adjustments.

However your launcher has been clearly built with efficiency in mind, so it shouldn't be too complicated to make some adjustments.

By the way, this is not related, but I noticed that the stats "Thrust", "Thrust/Weight" and "Part count" all showed 17.2t. This is most likely a bug. Do you know which mod it comes from? It could be interesting to report it.

Laga

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
By the way, this is not related, but I noticed that the stats "Thrust", "Thrust/Weight" and "Part count" all showed 17.2t. This is most likely a bug. Do you know which mod it comes from? It could be interesting to report it.
i dont know, i think some parts mod maybe

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
hmm, it's a bit on the line there with your final speed, since it's slightly past the checkpoint.
Can I have a sharing link for the rocket please? Either here or in DM.

Laga

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
i didnt saved it but i have the voyager in space yet, i can send you a photo on another checkpoint

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Since it's such a small difference and some of your technical data is hidden by the 17.2t bug, + unsaved rocket, I request you redo the mission, this time try to make a more optimal rocket, fly more optimally, and save the rocket.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
It seems to pass, but as a final verification do you have pictures of your escape trajectory?

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Thank you, that works. Sorry for the delay, and welcome to team frontier. :)