Team Frontier Instructions!

Orion belt inc

TEAM HAWK
Under Pressure
Registered
Attempt only after you’ve completed Team Titan

Overview:
Team Frontier is the second set of challenges. It proves the player has some competent skills in SFS, and is at least capable to dock, plan basic interplanetary missions and build an efficient rocket. All THREE missions must be completed to get the rank.

What it unlocks?

[Will be filled soon!]
And of course, after that you are free to try Team Hawk missions.

Missions (they can be completed in any order, but all three of them must be completed):
  1. Land on Mars and get back to Earth: Just like the Moon mission before
  2. Build a space station around Earth: must be at least four separated launches, all rendezvous in LEO and docked together. You must document all 4 missions so the challenge counts as valid.
  3. Launch the supplied probe and reach solar escape velocity. No gravity assists, nor Ion engines. Starting position is the launchpad. The launch vehicle is limited to a total mass of 265 tons.
General Rules:
  • Cheats are forbidden.
  • Nothing (except obviously dumped stages) must be destroyed.
  • Bp editing part clipping is fine. Engine stretching is ONLY allowed on the replica challenge, but not for the rest of the missions. And if you do stretch some engines, you must add the necessary ballast to compensate the advantage.
  • Default Solar System must be used, although purely cosmetical planet packs will be accepted too. As an exception, IRIS by Altaïr will be allowed on the Mars and space station missions only.
For the specific case of Voyager Quest challenge these constraints also apply:
  • Use only the supplied probe, or your recreation of it, no custom payload.
  • The mass of the launch vehicle for the entire mission is 265 tons. Meaning that the vehicle you spawn on the launchpad cannot be heavier than 265 tons (payload included).
  • Gravity assists are not allowed, just direct burns.
  • Ion engines are absolutely forbidden. Just chemical engines.

Mission Rewards:

Each mission grants its own badge:
Once you have all three of them, you get the official Team Frontier badge, which proves you’ve completed all three Frontier challenges: View attachment 61126

How do I prove that I did the missions?

Any format is fine (screenshots, videos, other), but whatever you submit must show at least these key points:

Mars mission:
  • Launchpad
  • Earth orbit
  • Mars orbit
  • Mars surface
  • Back to Earth
  • Achievements
Space Station (for all four flights):
  • Launchpad
  • Earth orbit
  • Rendezvous with the station
Voyager Quest:
  • Building grid (so we can see the total mass)
  • Launchpad
  • Earth orbit
  • Map view when crossing the orbit of Mars. (This one is absolutely essential). Target speed is 7250 m/s.

A more detailed guide about Team Frontier in general and its missions can be found here:
Team Frontier Instructions!
For any questions feel free to ask them here: New Ranks! or here: Team Frontier Instructions! or in the thread below.

Picture and Download of the probe for the Voyager Quest challenge:
View attachment 68526
Can it be higher than 7250?

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I’m getting real close
Can it be higher than 7250?
Please be careful to avoid posting twice in a row Orion. This is a forum, not a chat, we try to keep it clean. Please try to say everything you have to say in a single post as much as possible.

To answer your question, yes your speed can be above 7250 m/s. This is the minimal speed, being faster still qualifies you.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
The edit this the butten to do it dissipates
The edit button is only available for a limited amount of time after you posted, probably just a few minutes. If you modify your post you probably have to do it before the timer runs out.

If you can't edit a post anymore, it's ok to make a new post of course.

Orion belt inc

TEAM HAWK
Under Pressure
Registered
The edit button is only available for a limited amount of time after you posted, probably just a few minutes. If you modify your post you probably have to do it before the timer runs out.

If you can't edit a post anymore, it's ok to make a new post of course.
Wait but that means that every time you and others have told me to not post so soon was after the transfer(time window) window

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Wait but that means that every time you and others have told me to not post so soon was after the transfer(time window) window
Not necessarilly, have a look:
Screenshot_20220415-041934_Chrome.jpg
2 minutes of difference between those 2 messages. That was largely in the time window.

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Updated the general rules in first post:
General Rules:
  • Cheats are forbidden.
  • Nothing (except obviously dumped stages) must be destroyed.
  • Bp editing part clipping is fine. Engine stretching and no engine heat are forbidden.
  • Default Solar System must be used, although purely cosmetical planet packs will be accepted too.
    • As an exception, IRIS by Altaïr will be allowed on the Mars and space station missions only. Other RSS-like packs may be evaluated in the future.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Is it ok if I use my own probe or modify the probe?
Sorry no, it has to be that probe. Also, you can't drain the fuel from the probe, it has to be sent full.

However I strongly suggest to try the other missions first. The Voyager quest is a difficult challenge.

Thirdc14239

Man on the Moon
Registered
Roger that sir I'll be ranking up also I do Wana become a engeneer on spaceships so basically this is gonna help meh thank you and have a good day :)

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Is it fine if I use this thing cuz the rule don't say any thing about it it's not an engine I used bp edit bc it's allowed and it didn't say any thing about this I don't expect this to be allowed
It isnt allowed, i tried to use it and was told i cant.