Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
You really need to make a note not to use the probes fuel, pretty much everybody is making that mistake
Good point. I've added a note in this sense:
Screenshot_20221214-083338_Chrome.jpg
Thanks for your return. Let's hope it won't happen too much now.

nim

Modder
Man on the Moon
Registered
Sorry if this is a stupid question. Do we have to make the rockets ourselves? If I see a picture of a space station and want to rebuild it. Is that allowed? Sorry if this was mentioned somewhere earlier.

XenonSpace

ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Registered
You should design and build your own rocket and station. If the station or rocket is based on real life (e. g. ISS, Proton rocket), then sure, you can copy them.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Yes, original builds, which can be wholly original or based upon other things from real life.
The important part is that you designed it in SFS yourself.

Idkgeek

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
The voyager mission is just pain
Not too difficult, simple is best look at other people's rockets for the mission and take pointers and design a rocket from that. Make sure your assent angle changes in in a smooth and constant way in order to stay efficient. When doing your final burn make sure you are angled exactly on the direction of travel otherwise your wasting fuel. If your still close but just not getting there feel free to post here for some advise.

Hermes

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Somehow I am still in sun orbit but am over the threshold speed. Would this still count?

BDF28AED-9B37-40A0-9760-A1D918229E12.png 62955D20-958C-4F32-88DC-738D0CA6A36A.png

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Somehow I am still in sun orbit but am over the threshold speed. Would this still count?

View attachment 96069 View attachment 96070
No, because you must be above the threshold speed while being at the required distance from the Sun, in this case 7250 m/s or above at 11.360.000 km. You're approximately at 10.360.000 km. If you time-warp until you reach the correct distance, you'll see your speed drop below the threshold.